Eagles TCMD War Room- Draft Complete!

EaglesPeteC

17 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Now that Bradham is tagged. We are in a holding pattern of not much until Monday. Post in this thread if you want to be in a group PM where I can tell you my FA targets and prices and etc and then we can discuss them on here over the next few days.

I have until Monday at 10pm to finalize who I am bidding on.

After the tag of Bradham, I have about 15 million in usable cap space. That will go up in some way shape or form when the Bradham situation is resolved.

@Phire @Kiltman @nlesthought ......i can add you to the group pm if you are interested? 

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Tagging done tonight and Round 1 of FA contracts are due by 10pm tomorrow night.

I got my 4 contracts done. I'm feeling pretty solid with my offers, so I don't anticipate major changes in the next 26 hours.

when you sending your resume to howie?

Im not going after either of these players in this round, but thoughts on going  after De'Anthony Thomas or Tavon Austin for this offense if i can get one fairly cheap? 

I feel like Doug could really use a gadet player like that very creativly. Either one, although technically WR's  kind of replace Sproles in the offense. They both also provide ST value and ability of big plays. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

No thanks to Tavon Austin. Don't know enough about DAT

I feel like Austin might be a better fit than DAT. I know Tavon isn't great but if I can get him for cheap (less than 2 mill) I don't see how it would be a bad signing. We need a RS and a guy who can do what Darren Sproles did for this team. Austin has actually been at his best in like a receiving RB role which is what the Eagles need the most. DAT, the more I look at him, has been rather disappointing as a returner.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like Austin might be a better fit than DAT. I know Tavon isn't great but if I can get him for cheap (less than 2 mill) I don't see how it would be a bad signing. We need a RS and a guy who can do what Darren Sproles did for this team. Austin has actually been at his best in like a receiving RB role which is what the Eagles need the most. DAT, the more I look at him, has been rather disappointing as a returner.

If you get him dirt cheap its fine, but dont expect him to PR. Dude can't hold onto the ball at all.

ROUND 1 OF FREE AGENCY

Signed

WR JOHN BROWN 6 years $28 million

john-brown-touchdown-catch-against-phila

TE LUKE WILSON 5 years $23 million

WilsonWilsonTD.gif

Both of the contracts are pretty back loaded and don't have huge guarantees. They are both essentially 3 year deals. I spent $5.5 million in cap space in 2018. Still enough to work with moving forward.

Archived