Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

That would be good for the Jaguars...they need all the help they can get.  Thoughts, @Uncle Buck?

Spielman isn't perfect, but I've always thought he was a very good GM.  I would absolutely LOVE to get him in Jacksonville.  His problem in MN was that he couldn't get a good QB.  The Jags have that taken care of.  We just need everything else, and Rick could do a great job with that for us.  I'd love to get him in as the GM, but this says it would be a high-level front office position, which would be something Shad Khan has desperately needed too.

Jeremy Fowler@JFowlerESPN

Former Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer wants to coach in the NFL in 2022, per source. Some teams hiring have assumed he would take time off but he appears ready to get back in the fold. Zimmer produced several top-five defenses and a 72-56-1 record as head coach.

Veteran defensive end Everson Griffen had his 2021 season disrupted by a mental-health incident that played out on social media. He’s now doing better, and he hopes to keep his career going in 2022. Griffen told Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press that the Vikings (for now) pass rusher plans to continue his career.

Griffen: “Yeah, of course I’m looking to play again this season.”

Despite being a fan favorite in Minnesota, a regime change after a failed campaign could make it very hard for Griffen to return. He may have to tap into existing relationships, potentially following long-time Vikings assistant Andre Patterson to the Giants. Griffen told Tomasson that Patterson, who coached with the Vikings for eight years, “meant a lot to my career.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/11/everson-griffen-plans-to-keep-playing/