Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

11 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'd wonder who would want him at this stage of his career?

Seems to be a case of a player hanging on too long. His skills don’t translate well to being a backup TE, he’s not versatile, and I don’t think anyone takes him as a starter at this stage. 

I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing back Rudolph as a TE2 option. Rudolph is a solid chain moving TE and very dangerous inside the 10, plus his blocking got a lot better once the Vikings switched to he wide zone blocking. 

But I probably wouldn’t entertain it until after the draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

Rudolph is a vet minimum kind of guy at this stage of his career. Fortunately, the front office and coaching staff have no connection to him at all, so I don’t think we’d take him back. 

But why would a team want him as a backup? He’s basically just a red zone threat. You can certainly do better if you want your backup TE to primarily be a blocker. And in terms of developing backup TEs, why wouldn’t one want more youth, athleticism and upside in that spot? 

20 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

But why would a team want him as a backup? He’s basically just a red zone threat. You can certainly do better if you want your backup TE to primarily be a blocker. And in terms of developing backup TEs, why wouldn’t one want more youth, athleticism and upside in that spot? 

Which is why I'm glad that our front office likely won't be interested.