This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I think it’s a cat and mouse game for AR.  Once he’s relatively sure the defense is set and has shown its hand, he will pull the trigger. If he’s not sure, or just not “buying it”, he’ll wait to the bitter end.  Opponents that disguise their looks until AR snaps the ball as the play clock hits zero have the advantage.  Zimm and a few others exploit this.

Yeah, veteran defenses who have guys who have played together a while have more of an ability to do that. They know where to be once the play gets snapped so can disguise it much better. Younger guys might get flustered and show their hand too early, or worse blow an assignment because they didn’t get set in time. 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That team is such weirdly built. Outside of Fields, I don’t really see any building blocks. 

They've got some interesting pieces.  I think Teven Jenkins is a good RT, but I think putting him at LT is a LOT like when the Lions put Taylor Decker at LT instead of RT.  You can have a really, really good RT or an okay LT.  Darnell Mooney is legit.  Probably not a #1 WR, but he's a good #2 WR.  David Montgomery is rock solid as well.  Defensively, outside of Eddie Jackson, Jaylon Johnson, and Roquan Smith their defense is getting up there in age.  Their DL and LBs are good now, but they're getting to be on the wrong side of 30.  Robert Quinn is in the middle of a resurgent season, but he's 31 years old and he's averaged less than 7 sacks the previous 3 seasons.  Odds are he's going to be nowhere near this good again next year.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They've got some interesting pieces.  I think Teven Jenkins is a good RT, but I think putting him at LT is a LOT like when the Lions put Taylor Decker at LT instead of RT.  You can have a really, really good RT or an okay LT.  Darnell Mooney is legit.  Probably not a #1 WR, but he's a good #2 WR.  David Montgomery is rock solid as well.  Defensively, outside of Eddie Jackson, Jaylon Johnson, and Roquan Smith their defense is getting up there in age.  Their DL and LBs are good now, but they're getting to be on the wrong side of 30.  Robert Quinn is in the middle of a resurgent season, but he's 31 years old and he's averaged less than 7 sacks the previous 3 seasons.  Odds are he's going to be nowhere near this good again next year.

Maybe I'm confusing him with the rookie the Vikings drafted but one of them looks completely overmatched at the NFL level. 

Also, Eddie Jackson hasn't been any good since he got paid. 

I don't believe the Bears have a 1st round pick until 2024. Tough to put pieces behind your QB without getting a crack at the truly elite coming out of college. Especially, as you pointed out, handing the Giants a top 10 pick this coming draft. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Maybe I'm confusing him with the rookie the Vikings drafted but one of them looks completely overmatched at the NFL level. 

Also, Eddie Jackson hasn't been any good since he got paid. 

I don't believe the Bears have a 1st round pick until 2024. Tough to put pieces behind your QB without getting a crack at the truly elite coming out of college. Especially, as you pointed out, handing the Giants a top 10 pick this coming draft. 

He's coming off a back injury (which they probably should have shut him down for the season tbh), which is why he's struggling.  Plus, he wasn't a real natural LT prospect to begin with.  The Bears seemed intent on forcing it.  And the Bears have their FRP next year.

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Bears.htm

They're screwed this year without a FRP and also a 4th round pick as part of the Fields trade.  Any significant upgrade is going to have to be a combination of the Nagy replacement and Fields' development.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That’s how I pretty much see it too. Honestly , I’m not into any of our rivals going  into the future. 

11 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

That’s how I pretty much see it too. Honestly , I’m not into any of our rivals going  into the future. 

I actually kinda like Minnesota's offensive core.  Their defense has regressed badly.  They're literally running out of bodies in the secondary.  Since 2015, they've taken four corners inside the top 64 and only one of them is still a Bengal (although he left and came back).  And the DL is big dud without Danielle Hunter.  Outside of Darrisaw, their '21 class looks bad with nearly no production.  And outside of Jefferson and to a lesser extent Ezra Cleveland, their '20 class isn't good either.  Valued depth over potential starters those two years.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Detroit might be in the best situation in like 5 years.

If they can add another solid draft class with the high picks they have in 2022 and likely 2023, they could be in line for a nice young solid core group.  they will need to draft well and find the QB for things to pan out