This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I actually kinda like Minnesota's offensive core.  Their defense has regressed badly.  They're literally running out of bodies in the secondary.  Since 2015, they've taken four corners inside the top 64 and only one of them is still a Bengal (although he left and came back).  And the DL is big dud without Danielle Hunter.  Outside of Darrisaw, their '21 class looks bad with nearly no production.  And outside of Jefferson and to a lesser extent Ezra Cleveland, their '20 class isn't good either.  Valued depth over potential starters those two years.

They just seem like they’re a perfect football purgatory team. 7-10 wins but not a contender. 

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He's coming off a back injury (which they probably should have shut him down for the season tbh), which is why he's struggling.  Plus, he wasn't a real natural LT prospect to begin with.  The Bears seemed intent on forcing it.  And the Bears have their FRP next year.

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Bears.htm

They're screwed this year without a FRP and also a 4th round pick as part of the Fields trade.  Any significant upgrade is going to have to be a combination of the Nagy replacement and Fields' development.

?  Chicago doesnt have a FRP in the 2022 draft. They gave it to the Giants.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I actually kinda like Minnesota's offensive core.  Their defense has regressed badly.  They're literally running out of bodies in the secondary.  Since 2015, they've taken four corners inside the top 64 and only one of them is still a Bengal (although he left and came back).  And the DL is big dud without Danielle Hunter.  Outside of Darrisaw, their '21 class looks bad with nearly no production.  And outside of Jefferson and to a lesser extent Ezra Cleveland, their '20 class isn't good either.  Valued depth over potential starters those two years.

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Detroit might be in the best situation in like 5 years.

If they can add another solid draft class with the high picks they have in 2022 and likely 2023, they could be in line for a nice young solid core group.  they will need to draft well and find the QB for things to pan out

I just see Minnesota as a classic football purgatory team. 7-10 wins, maybe making the playoffs but not really a threat. Gate keeper team. 

I agree Squire. It may be a longer rebuild, but I think they’re on the right track. And laugh at him or whatever you want, the guys play for Dan Campbell

14 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I agree Squire. It may be a longer rebuild, but I think they’re on the right track. And laugh at him or whatever you want, the guys play for Dan Campbell

The RaRa guys usually don't last long in the NFL unless they're winning.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

If they can add another solid draft class with the high picks they have in 2022 and likely 2023, they could be in line for a nice young solid core group.  they will need to draft well and find the QB for things to pan out

That's assuming they draft well.  I'm not overly fond of their draft class this past draft aside from Penei Sewell and ARSB.  They drafted Levi Onwuzurike pretty high, and he's only played in 32% of the snaps.  Alim McNeill was their 3rd round pick and he's played in 35% of their snaps.  And the two of them have a combined 2 sacks.  Ifeatu Melifonwu was someone I liked, but he's only played in 4 games thus far.  I'm not tripping over myself to praise the Lions for taking the BPA and my #2 prospect in the draft.

If you look at my comment under every post - that comment applies to the Lions in the last draft, who managed to take  my listed favourite draftees with most of their picks (actually 5 of the first 6 picks they made were all on my list), only DT Alim McNeil missing out (and I didn't mind him).

In contrast the Packers took just a single pick on my list of 60-70, and that was at pick 256 (three picks away from Mr.Irrelevant), Mississippi St. RB, Kylin Hill.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:
18 hours ago, squire12 said:

That's assuming they draft well.  I'm not overly fond of their draft class this past draft aside from Penei Sewell and ARSB.  They drafted Levi Onwuzurike pretty high, and he's only played in 32% of the snaps.  Alim McNeill was their 3rd round pick and he's played in 35% of their snaps.  And the two of them have a combined 2 sacks.  Ifeatu Melifonwu was someone I liked, but he's only played in 4 games thus far.  I'm not tripping over myself to praise the Lions for taking the BPA and my #2 prospect in the draft

It's almost like I said they need to draft well and find the QB.  Thanks for agreeing with me but still disagreeing.....classic CWood!!!

Gotta find the argument somewhere and flaunt the moderator tag

14 minutes ago, squire12 said:

It's almost like I said they need to draft well and find the QB.  Thanks for agreeing with me but still disagreeing.....classic CWood!!!

Gotta find the argument somewhere and flaunt the moderator tag

Well, that explains the upvote you gave me when someone did the same thing to me:

"They didn't sustain their elite defense though" 

other guy: "The problem is they didn't sustain their elite defense" 

"huh how about that" 

• Like 1