This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

5 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

I may be wrong about love but he doesn’t seem to have it so far.

You're right......you're wrong.

5 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

As for the Vikes we deserve all the insults and ridicule so keep ‘em coming. 

You got this part completely right :)

The last time we secured the #1 seed in the NFC before the final week of the season, our final opponent was Detroit as well.

The difference is, 10 years ago, Detroit played well enough to earn a wild card berth. This year's Lions have the second-worst record in the NFL.

So, even with our starters rested, I feel confident we will beat Detroit on Sunday.

Edited by pf9

Just now, joeybrowner47 said:

I guess we’re watching different games then because while he may be decent I just don’t see your next hall of famer behind center. 

I dont either....but then I dont apply the HOF standard to players that have played as little as he has.
Besides, we dont need a third straight HOF QB....thats a false and unrealistic burden. We just need somebody who can win games for us consistently......you know, like MN needs. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, joeybrowner47 said:

I guess we’re watching different games then because while he may be decent I just don’t see your next hall of famer behind center. 

Neither do I, yet I am far from giving up on Love.

I had the pleasure of watching Favre and Rodgers launch their careers (and many other QB's through the years). I saw potential in both, but I sure didn't see the next hall of famer behind center. Most who claim otherwise are likely fooling themselves into a rewrite of what they thought at the time.

I know fans of every team say they are grateful for being a fan. 

But the one thing Packers fans have over the other 31 teams is our unique ownership structure. 

On days like this I'm so happy we're not owned by a geriatric millionaire or some vile oil baron. 

This is patently embarrassing. What's more it seems like Bears are supposed to feel proud or some kind of attachment to the family currently running their team into the ground. 

What is funny from a British perspective is, all millionaire families act like football aristocracy, with inept children inheriting from their parents. 

Thankfully the Packers get to hire the best and the brightest to lead the organisation, not some weird bloodline cluster****. 

2 minutes ago, British said:

I know fans of every team say they are grateful for being a fan. 

But the one thing Packers fans have over the other 31 teams is our unique ownership structure. 

On days like this I'm so happy we're not owned by a geriatric millionaire or some vile oil baron. 

This is patently embarrassing. What's more it seems like Bears are supposed to feel proud or some kind of attachment to the family currently running their team into the ground. 

What is funny from a British perspective is, all millionaire families act like football aristocracy, with inept children inheriting from their parents. 

Thankfully the Packers get to hire the best and the brightest to lead the organisation, not some weird bloodline cluster****. 

Mother’s not happy.  I better do something, lol.

I try not wishing I’ll will towards anyone (karma and all), but I’m ok letting folks or organizations flounder without my intervention.

12 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Thanks Miami, ffs.

Personally I'm happy for our rivals to sign a defensive head coach. 

The NFL is about offense and especially developing QBs. The Bears need someone to develop Fields, that needs to be their #1 priority. Flores didn't do that with Tua and according to reports was the driving force behind ditching Tua for Watson. 

This thread sums it up well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Brian Flores is a great hire for a team that’s won something in the past 50 years.

He’s a terrible hire for a young team relying on rookies, young quarterbacks, and players who don’t want to win a Super Bowl.

He’s very Belichick. Doesn’t and won’t put up with personalities.

He’d be out of Chicago in three years.

What you need to worry about with Chicago is them getting a young offensive-minded coach who knows how to handle young personalities.

54 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Brian Flores is a great hire for a team that’s won something in the past 50 years.

He’s a terrible hire for a young team relying on rookies, young quarterbacks, and players who don’t want to win a Super Bowl.

He’s very Belichick. Doesn’t and won’t put up with personalities.

He’d be out of Chicago in three years.

What you need to worry about with Chicago is them getting a young offensive-minded coach who knows how to handle young personalities.

Like the next guy up in the Super Buddies Club of Shanny, McVay, MLF, Zac Taylor... Mike McDaniel?

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Like the next guy up in the Super Buddies Club of Shanny, McVay, MLF, Zac Taylor... Mike McDaniel?

Yep, that's the scenario you don't want.

If they hire some old defensive minded guy, they're just wrecking Fields 100%.

I'd actually be pretty significantly happy if they hired Flores.

• Like 1