This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

2 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I'm kinda disappointed they're in such a good position to break their tie with us for most NFC North division championships.

For clarification that "us" refers you and me personally not the Packers.

I'm actually kinda rooting for them for some reason. Currently a top 2 team in the league. Somehow quietly as well. They should be getting more national attention. They're very legit.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm actually kinda rooting for them for some reason. Currently a top 2 team in the league. Somehow quietly as well. They should be getting more national attention. They're very legit.

Ben Solak at The Ringer was writing about how Det's problem is that they have lots of good/very good players, but no real field -tilters.

Though I've seen a few teams that were just across the board solid and well coached (and, as with most SB winners, a bit lucky) win SBs - 89 Giants, 01 Pats, 09 Steelers....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Ben Solak at The Ringer was writing about how Det's problem is that they have lots of good/very good players, but no real field -tilters.

Though I've seen a few teams that were just across the board solid and well coached (and, as with most SB winners, a bit lucky) win SBs - 89 Giants, 01 Pats, 09 Steelers....

Hutchinson is in that field tilters tier I think 

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Sewell for sure tilts the field.

Not to mention Amon Ra out of the slot is a real problem too.

Like you said. The buzz around them is very quiet, a little underrated. Theyve got bona-fide studs and they're built right.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

There OL as a collective can tilt the field.  ARSB is that type of player.  LaPorta might be as well.

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Certainly is

34 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think he's all that good. He really reminds me of that guy in a pickup game of basketball that is just taking it so much more seriously than everybody else and trying so much harder.

Then I realize he is doing it at the highest level against the best professional athletes in the world. So yeah.

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

They're 13-3 over their last 16

The 1 point win Kadarius Toney gave them is the only impressive one in the bunch. 

Block their front and that secondary is not good. That's what Seattle did. They've played 4 straight young, struggling offenses. 

They will not hold up against SF or Philly in the playoffs, they're not there yet. Both fronts are excellent, but missing DBs and the QB. Now they won't be picking top 10 to fill it out.

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The 1 point win Kadarius Toney gave them is the only impressive one in the bunch. 

Block their front and that secondary is not good. That's what Seattle did. They've played 4 straight young, struggling offenses. 

They will not hold up against SF or Philly in the playoffs, they're not there yet. Both fronts are excellent, but missing DBs and the QB. Now they won't be picking top 10 to fill it out.

Jared Goff is better than Purdy or Hurts. They also just got Jameson Williams back from suspension which is going to help their offense. Lost Montgomery for a bit though.

Not saying they are better than the 49ers but they are a really good football team. I think the Eagles are fools gold with Hurts at QB. 

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

DVOA accounts for opponents