This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Kirk to Atlanta just doesn't seem to have the right vibe to me.  I get his wife is from the area, but I don't think that's going to be the deciding factor.  I still think Las Vegas is a real darkhorse for him, but I'd still expect him back in Minnesota.  I think the familiarity is going to be a key component of his decision.  And if Atlanta misses out on Kirk and Baker, I'd anticipate they pivot to Fields at that point.  It's interesting that the Kirk Cousins rumors started as the Fields' rumors started to soften up.  My guess is Atlanta is the biggest suitor for Fields, but the Bears' asking price was too high.  My guess is Chicago wanted their SRP+, and Atlanta was thinking more like a 3rd and a future Day 3 pick.

Cousins to Atlanta I think has a real chance to happen.  I think Atlanta and Fields is a bad fit with the new OC there.  Atlanta is in a reasonable position to move up to 3 -5 to get a QB.  would it be the best move, maybe not, but I think it would be a better move than getting Fields for 2024 then having to pay him or move off of him and be in need of a QB option again.

8 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Hadn't considered Kirk to Vegas. If I were a QB I know I'd love to throw to Davante. Still, MIN sounds right because of that familiarity you mentioned. Wonder if they'd consider drafting Nix in the second round though even if he came back. 

I bet Atlanta would wait until they knew there was no shot at trading up for Maye or Daniels before settling for Fields.

Kirk Cousins is clearly the lynchpin to the QB market outside of the top 2 picks.  His decision making has the direct trickle effect towards the rest of the QB class.  If Kirk signs with Atlanta, then that pretty much locks Baker back to Tampa Bay.  If Atlanta miss out on Kirk, do they overpay Baker to get him to leave Tampa Bay?

17 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

wtf does Chi do if Kirk goes to Atl?

The market for Fields would be what ?

Vegas

Minny ( which I can’t see happening ) 

Vegas not good fit either Gesy got fire because of Fields. Bears are stuck with Field for next season. Unless they do a trade similar to Patriots and only get late round draft pick

Edited by pack4to84
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, pack4to84 said:

Vegas not good fit either Gesy got fire because of Fields. Bears are stuck with Field for next season. Unless they do a trade similar to Patriots and only get late round draft pick

I forgot about that, good call. Idt there’s any way they can keep him locker room wise. Plus, his value will only go down 

16 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That surprises me.  I thought the Bears were pretty good at RB.  I know they have money, not sure that is how I would have spent it though.  

Not only that, but they could have gotten a better running back for that kind of cash.

But I guess you have to overpay to bring someone into that dumpster fire.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Not only that, but they could have gotten a better running back for that kind of cash.

But I guess you have to overpay to bring someone into that dumpster fire.

I think Swift is a fine player.  I just figured they would be looking at defensive backs, another pass rusher, perhaps a WR, LBs, and some OL.

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

The bears making some typical head scratching moves. 

Not sure what the vikings are doing either? Planning to lose Hunter and replacing him with Greenard? 

Hunter is going to command top 5 money for his position and is 2 years older than Greenard. Makes sense.

• Like 1