Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

That team didn't have Turner, let alone Mookie Betts or Mike Trout, who occupy this lineup's top two spots. Add Paul Goldschmidtand Nolan Arenado, Kyle Schwarber and Will Smith, Pete Alonso and Tim Anderson and the potential for pitchers to find themselves as confounded as Cuba's is acute.

"I have to pinch myself all the time realizing this lineup is just -- I've never seen anything like it," U.S. starter Adam Wainwright told ESPN after allowing one run over four innings in the win. "Has there ever been a better one? Probably not."

The World Baseball Classic is basically the equivalent of the Olympics. I think it’s hilarious that just like in basketball, team USA took it very serious and sent our big guns to smash everybody. It’s just like the men’s basketball team in 2008.

Our weakest spot is pitching because MLB teams don’t want their guys risking injury. However, here’s the batting lineup against Cuba:

M. Betts
RF-2B
M. Trout
CF

P. Goldschmidt
1B
N. Arenado
3B

K. Schwarber
LF
W. Smith
C

P. Alonso
DH
T. Anderson
2B

T. Turner
SS
Edited by candyman93

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Imagine having the modern day Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, yet still sucking.

The angels are a disgrace to baseball. They have unlimited resources. An amazing location. A desirable place for people to want to play and work for. Yet they still suck every year. They should be contenders every year. 

12 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The angels are a disgrace to baseball. They have unlimited resources. An amazing location. A desirable place for people to want to play and work for. Yet they still suck every year. They should be contenders every year. 

The ONLY pass they slightly get is that the Astros are in their division. So prior to playoff expansion, it was pretty difficult for them making the playoffs.

However, there’s no excuse now.

ESPN has 6 Guardians in their top 100: J-Ram, Bieber, Gimenez, Clase, McKenzie, and Kwan.

I think Oscar Gonzalez has a breakout year. He only played in 91 games last year and put up solid stats.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/35917450/mlb-rank-2023-baseball-top-100-players

https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/39400/oscar-gonzalez

Edited by candyman93