Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

36 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I've thought about it, but I'm afraid of giving my computer AIDS from those websites.

Its just....I dont want to sit for 3 hours in from of my computer and watch the game lol Especially multiple days a week like they play. We did a renovation to our backyard and built a pavilion with outdoor seating and a fire pit. I plan on hanging a TV out there and envisioned sitting outside in the evenings watching the Guardians play over the summer. They are making it real hard to do that. 

I guess I can cancel YTTV and go with Fubo from April-August for Guardians games and then once football season kicks off cancel Fubo and switch back to YTTV since they have the Ticket.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thanks for this. Cant believe its 2023 and we are still playing the game of musical chairs with streaming services for sports. For a company worth $1,332 Billion I cant believe YTTV got rid of regional sports. This process is mind numbing lol

The RSN's are one of the most expensive products to carry on a streaming or cable platform.  

I'm at the point where I could easily drop YTTV, and just go with the other services that I have (quite a few), but there are some "Must haves" for my spouse.  The only things I really want to watch on YTTV are the Browns games, the Buckeyes and Naval Academy football.  I don't watch baseball anymore, nor college or NBA basketball.  The only new series I watch on regular TV is "The Blacklist"....and that is only out of morbid curiosity waiting how to figure out how they finally put that show out of it's misery.  Damn thing has jumped the shark so many times, PETA has started protesting on the set.

2 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

The RSN's are one of the most expensive products to carry on a streaming or cable platform.  

I'm at the point where I could easily drop YTTV, and just go with the other services that I have (quite a few), but there are some "Must haves" for my spouse.  The only things I really want to watch on YTTV are the Browns games, the Buckeyes and Naval Academy football.  I don't watch baseball anymore, nor college or NBA basketball.  The only new series I watch on regular TV is "The Blacklist"....and that is only out of morbid curiosity waiting how to figure out how they finally put that show out of it's misery.  Damn thing has jumped the shark so many times, PETA has started protesting on the set.

I bet they are not cheap to carry but if Fubo TV can afford to carry RSNs, than the 4th highest valued company on the planet should have them too lol That's what infuriating to me is that this all just seems to be over politics when Google has more money than God to throw down in order to own all regional/nation sports broadcasting rights.

Can you imagine if YTTV had all regional sports AND Sunday Ticket? They would put other streaming services out of business. Not sure what is causing the hang up in them realizing the power they would have if they had all sports broadcasting rights. They would own every TV in every bar in this country 

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

I've thought about it, but I'm afraid of giving my computer AIDS from those websites.

I’ve never had any issue.  I just use an iPad too and while they’re not “cheap” they’re not expensive.

I could replace the damned iPad every year for what the Sunday Ticket costs even if it did goof it.  

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 9:02 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve never had any issue.  I just use an iPad too and while they’re not “cheap” they’re not expensive.

I could replace the damned iPad every year for what the Sunday Ticket costs even if it did goof it.  

I use my laptop (pop-up blocker takes care of most of the ads) and chromecast the game to the TV. Usually works fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FGK said:

I use my laptop (pop-up blocker takes care of most of the ads) and chromecast the game to the TV. Usually works fine.

Go on....I have my desktop and chromecasts on every TV in the house. How do you cast the stream to the device on the TV? Everytime I do it from the player the video stops on my computer and the TV is blank

Apparently Stream East has a actual app, I dont know if its on Chromecasts or not.

Edited by AkronsWitness

19 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Logan Allen had a fantastic debut today.

Going to need it if the Guardians entire rotation is on IL and Beiber looks average.

On a plus side, Bell seems to be finding his groove as the power bat we needed. Which is a very nice change of pace in the middle of the lineup. Also, how fast can we give Steven Kwan a 7 year contract? 

Edited by AkronsWitness

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Lost again to the worst team in baseball.

Yeah…. Do NOT trade away prospects. Just thankful we’re in great shape long term.

Eh. I don't know. Bibee, Allen, and Williams are all on pace to be able to contribute this year. If McKenzie comes back healthy and you're looking at a post-season rotation of Bieber/McKenzie/Bibee/Allen with Quantrill and Williams as long men? That's a scary team IF we get 1-2 more serious offensive pieces. I guess I'd say we shouldn't feel like we HAVE to go all in right now, but if we made strategic moves for guys who still have control left, I could see not being upset about that.

On 4/20/2023 at 1:49 AM, candyman93 said:

City of Oakland loses another sports franchise to Las Vegas

Couldn’t care less about sports in California. They have like 50 teams to root from. Hell Oakland has the warriors. Maybe now the As will actually pay players. Doubt it though. 

• Like 1