Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

You know how the old saying is you probably lose 2-3 games a year you should have won - and vice versa?

Our "evening of the scales" was swift. Last Thursday, the umpires clearly gagged on granting an Oakland hitter timeout, causing an automatic strikeout in the 9th of a one run Guardians victory.

Then we had the interference fiasco on Sunday.....

On we go.

OFC - we have been told all along how Naylor struggles defensively and is not ready yet.....

Either Chernoff and Antonetti don't know how to evaluate talent - OR they were lying through their teeth.....

The talent grown here under their watch is not the issue.

1 minute ago, brooks1957 said:

OFC - we have been told all along how Naylor struggles defensively and is not ready yet.....

Either Chernoff and Antonetti don't know how to evaluate talent - OR they were lying through their teeth.....

The talent grown here under their watch is not the issue.

I mean, there a lot more to being a good defensive catcher than making one absurd throw.

We have no idea how Naylor does sticking/framing pitches, handling a staff, calling a game and understanding a scouting report at bat by at bat yet, or consistency in blocking balls. The raw tools are undeniably there and there’s cause for optimism.

Twins have really crapped the bed. By default we should be in 1st place in the AL Central.

I have no idea how because we’ve been booty.

It’s why I don’t think we should be active at the dead line.

Edited by candyman93

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Twins have really crapped the bed.

@candyman93 Give that man a gold star.

That was the assist we needed to climb back into the race.

Now that we are back in first place, we MUST gain much more consistency. And I think that is beginning to happen. The right changes in personnel have been made, now we are getting our sea legs.

We still have half a season to go (83 games). If we are able to win 2 of every 3 games we finish with 94 wins. That should give us the AL Central crown.

Banking on the Twins to continue losing is bad business. We cannot worry about anyone else other than ourselves. Simply put, Physician - heal thyself.

Edited by brooks1957