Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

16 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Ahhh the great “I’m pitching terribly so I have to act hurt” excuse 

His trade value has never been lower. Might as well hang on to him and maybe he pitches well when he comes back and we can trade him in the offseason 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mchjstnk said:

Ahhh the great “I’m pitching terribly so I have to act hurt” excuse 

His trade value has never been lower. Might as well hang on to him and maybe he pitches well when he comes back and we can trade him in the offseason 

At this point, we might get him back cheaper than we thought.

• Like 2

If you took out all emotion and evaluated Tito like how every business evaluates it’s employees (what have you done now, not what have you done in the past), he would be fired after this season.

He’s been horrible and it’s time for people to stop defending him. He’s too loyal to guys who are absolute scrubs.

It we played in the AL West / East, this organization would not have survived as long as they have.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If you took out all emotion and evaluated Tito like how every business evaluates it’s employees (what have you done now, not what have you done in the past), he would be fired after this season.

He’s been horrible and it’s time for people to stop defending him. He’s too loyal to guys who are absolute scrubs.

It we played in the AL West / East, this organization would not have survived as long as they have.

This organization lacks talent. It’s amazing they’re even remotely competitive given what they have to work with. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

11 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

This organization lacks talent. It’s amazing they’re even remotely competitive given what they have to work with. 

Little column A, little of column B imo.

Tito isn’t perfect by any means and his loyalty to scrubs can be infuriating, but the task he’s asked to perform is fairly absurd.  “Ok Tito, take this group of kids and nobodies who we’ve assembled for just less than the cost of Garrett Cole and go get ‘em.”

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Little column A, little of column B imo.

Tito isn’t perfect by any means and his loyalty to scrubs can be infuriating, but the task he’s asked to perform is fairly absurd.  “Ok Tito, take this group of kids and nobodies who we’ve assembled for just less than the cost of Garrett Cole and go get ‘em.”

We also don’t know the FO and their mandates. If they don’t want a guy called up or accruing service time for an extra period of control, he can’t play them.

Their entire philosophy is about catching lightning in a bottle and winning series while hot with a pitching staff and bullpen. It makes for a very difficult situation and gives you a fighting chance in the postseason when the weather cools down and so do opponents bats.

Even when they’re red hot they haven’t been deadline buyers. It’s frustrating.

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We also don’t know the FO and their mandates. If they don’t want a guy called up or accruing service time for an extra period of control, he can’t play them.

Their entire philosophy is about catching lightning in a bottle and winning series while hot with a pitching staff and bullpen. It makes for a very difficult situation and gives you a fighting chance in the postseason when the weather cools down and so do opponents bats.

Even when they’re red hot they haven’t been deadline buyers. It’s frustrating.

Situation normal who has a better record over 5 years him or haslem?

I liked Amed. I thought he was a very positive influence on the kids as far as how to be a pro.

That being said.....

This is the right move to make. For a couple of reasons.

Cold hard fact. Amed is a free agent in 2024, and like everyone else, he wants paid. With our current ML and minor league middle infield depth, there is no way we sign him to anything close he would be looking for. So he would have walked away with nothing in return.

This frees up Gabriel Arias to see if he is the everyday SS. Freeman I would keep in the utility role. Brayan Rocchio is starring at AAA and just 22.

• Like 1