Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We couldn’t get ANY prospects from the Dodgers?

Syndegaard is garbage at this point.

Rosario is an expiring contract and also not very good. If we got a prospect it would've been a nothing guy. I'm actually fine getting an inning eater on a one year deal who has had AWFUL HR/9 luck so far this year. If that stabilizes, his K/9 and BB/9 are actually the same or better than they were last year when he was fine (3.9 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). 

As others have pointed out, getting Amed out of the way of figuring out who of Arias/Rocchio is the future is the biggest win here.

37 minutes ago, FGK said:

Rosario is an expiring contract and also not very good. If we got a prospect it would've been a nothing guy. I'm actually fine getting an inning eater on a one year deal who has had AWFUL HR/9 luck so far this year. If that stabilizes, his K/9 and BB/9 are actually the same or better than they were last year when he was fine (3.9 ERA, 1.25 WHIP). 

As others have pointed out, getting Amed out of the way of figuring out who of Arias/Rocchio is the future is the biggest win here.

Great point about Rosario. I just dont understand at all the desire to bring in Thor to this team. He is essentially in the same boat as Bieber at this point in his career and we already dont even know whats going to happen with him right now.

Its just very weird a team so desperate for hitting makes a move to trade a hitter for yet another pitcher....and not even a good pitcher. They couldnt have gotten a OF prospect instead?

9 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Great point about Rosario. I just dont understand at all the desire to bring in Thor to this team. He is essentially in the same boat as Bieber at this point in his career and we already dont even know whats going to happen with him right now.

Its just very weird a team so desperate for hitting makes a move to trade a hitter for yet another pitcher....and not even a good pitcher. They couldnt have gotten a OF prospect instead?

Not a good one, nope. Rosario just isn't good enough to pull a real return. There's a reason Thor was the best deal they could get. I mean, the Mets just moved David Robertson, who is an excellent reliever, and the best they could get was a guy who looks solid in complex ball. Rosario is a meh fielder who isn't hitting well this year. On a good team, he's a utility guy. You're just not getting good prospects for that.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, FGK said:

Not a good one, nope. Rosario just isn't good enough to pull a real return. There's a reason Thor was the best deal they could get. I mean, the Mets just moved David Robertson, who is an excellent reliever, and the best they could get was a guy who looks solid in complex ball. Rosario is a meh fielder who isn't hitting well this year. On a good team, he's a utility guy. You're just not getting good prospects for that.

In the past, sure, but this year?  Worst graded infielder in baseball.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2023-mlb-trade-deadline-reports-231827977.html

But in 2023, his wRC+ dipped to 86, indicating he has been 14% below league average. But the real issue: Rosario has been baseball's worst-graded defensive infielder this season. His minus-15 Defensive Runs Saved and minus-12 Fielding Runs Prevented are both last among any qualified infielder.”

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FGK said:

I’m 100% cool with moving Rosario because it was going to happen one way or another this offseason.

• Like 1

I am so ticked at Bieber for getting hurt when he did. If a 39 year old, medically questionable, only okay so far this year Scherzer can pull Luisangel Acuna, I gotta assume Bieber could've pulled him and Walcott or Sagesse.

33 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And we instantly lose our best pitcher 

It’s a great trade if you’re throwing in the towel. Civale is super inconsistent and can’t stay healthy.

Bibee has been fantastic, but it’s scary that a rookie is now our best pitcher. Especially when you consider Logan Allen has gotten rocked his last 2 starts.