Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

On 3/30/2023 at 11:03 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because they don’t have the rights to this game 

I thought it was a different bally that is getting the baseball game, like its a different bally that was carrying the Cavs. Like you needed Bally Sports Ohio to watch the Cavs but you need to get Bally Sports Great Lakes to get the Guardians.

MLB needs to unify their broadcasting aspects of the game and just share those revenues. Yes, it hurts the NY teams and LA teams because they get to take all that money from that media deal but it only makes the entire league better. the other 20 or so teams outside of the huge markets would greatly improve from that. that can keep their stars and its take money from those huge teams who just spend and spend

Edited by buno67

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I thought it was a different bally that is getting the baseball game, like its a different bally that was carrying the Cavs. Like you needed Bally Sports Ohio to watch the Cavs but you need to get Bally Sports Great Lakes to get the Guardians.

MLB needs to unify their broadcasting aspects of the game and just share those revenues. Yes, it hurts the NY teams and LA teams because they get to take all that money from that media deal but it only makes the entire league better. the other 20 or so teams outside of the huge markets would greatly improve from that. that can keep their stars and its take money from those huge teams who just spend and spend

Yeah I think you’re correct. I haven’t seen any games on bally yet. Baseball is still stuck in the Stone Age with their streaming and tv rights. 

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Wow

Won 3/4 in Seattle

We also might finally have a catcher who isn’t a black hole.

Tim Herrin had a fantastic first appearance 

That feat has not been done since 1893.

Impressive as hell start to the season. Taking three out of four against a playoff team in their house all the way out on the left coast? Sign me up now.

Shout out to Mariners manager Scott Servais. When asked what it is like playing the Guardians, he replied with "You better play clean, because they constantly put so much pressure on you. They play the right way".

Daggone nice to hear professional respect, and I am sure Tito echoes thoase same sentiments their way, too.

Edited by brooks1957