Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Rather do that than waste time and settle with winning 85 games.

Yeah, I'd rather go 40-82 as well.

source.gif

Might as well go full Cavs/76ers and tank to get some top prospects in the draft. 

giphy.gif

Yeah 3 years is a long time. Just rip the bandaid off. Dolans already made their decisions. Rather completety take Boston/NY/LA/Texas entire top of their farm system then get just 1-3 top prospects. 

We'd literally be trading 3 years of control for 5 years of control by prospects likely worse. Mathematically that doesn't even make sense, let alone anticipated return not being a guarantee or likely in our favor.

Rather see a legit rebuild plan than false hope.

Everyone would. Trading a superstar with 3 years left isn't a legit rebuild plan. That's like taking a crystal vase, smashing it, and expecting Gorilla Glue to make it look like a priceless work of art.

Sorry Dolans are just ruining me.

Brother, I'm right there with you and understand your frustration. 

I’ll be the biggest homer for the browns but I’ll be the biggest hater and mr negative when it comes to the Indians, mainly the Dolans.

ImmaterialCommonFirebelliedtoad-max-1mb.

@sdrawkcab321 is this true????

My stance would be a lot different if the Dolans didn’t just come out and laugh at the Idea of resigning Lindor. That they made the joke of seeing the first billion dollar contract before the Indians hand out a $300m contract. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

My stance would be a lot different if the Dolans didn’t just come out and laugh at the Idea of resigning Lindor. That they made the joke of seeing the first billion dollar contract before the Indians hand out a $300m contract. 

You're in the "anger" stage. I get that. I'm all the way to acceptance. I was at the anger stage in 99-01 and have seen this episode before. I knew what to expect.

All of the other mindless sheep that ever believed that this cheapskate would spend money have no one to blame but themselves. Us "going all in" in 2017 meant spending 15th in the entire MLB...yep...THE DEFINITION OF AVERAGE.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Maybe I will be proven wrong over the long haul, but i am FIRMLY convinced that Chernoff, Antonetti and Dolan blew it big time this past winter by not pulling the trigger on a trade for Corey Kluber. I will be shocked to see him on the mound before mid August - and with our offense' we will be WELL behind the Twins at that point. Oh yeah, that is not counting the offense we COULD have had by trading Kluber.

Dolan's Discounts strikes again..........

I said that throughout the off-season.

It's been or should have been pretty obvious that Kluber has been trending downward.

Anything resembling a talented RH OF bat would have been enough for me to dump him.

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Trade him now and you trade one of the best players in the MLB with 3 years left on his deal, the face of the franchise, and lose even more  trust in ownership and the FO with our fanbase than the 99-01 dark years.

I do not view a risk of losing even more trust in ownership as a reason not to maximize his value.

It's not like ownership has a lot of trust now.

Just them being them.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:19 PM, buno67 said:

This was a tipping point for me with this franchise.

Hell, he could have said something like: We will not leave any stone unturned in trying to retain Francisco.

And they maybe started acting on that thought.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

The more I watch this team the more I wonder how in the hell we didnt resign Brantley. He is a massive missing piece right now. Also, trading Yandy for Bauers looks foolish as well and I never understood that move either.

I wouldn't have resigned Brantley for injury concerns but letting Yandy go to get Bauers was stupid.

This was one of those Terry (I hate it when he accepts use of his Dad's name) Francolas (Hueball's name for him) inputs/decisions.

Yandy is putting up some good numbers for TB; Bauers is not for us.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I wouldn't have resigned Brantley for injury concerns but letting Yandy go to get Bauers was stupid.

This was one of those Terry (I hate it when he accepts use of his Dad's name) Francolas (Hueball's name for him) inputs/decisions.

Yandy is putting up some good numbers for TB; Bauers is not for us.

I get that, but players like Brantley are where you are in the first place. He hit .310 last year with 17 HR and 78 RBI in 146 games while also being one of, if not the best, defensive LF in baseball when healthy. The Indians are not the caliber of team that can nit pick really good players because of details. They are type of team that will be good by taking flyers on talented players and hoping for the best. I get that Brantley had recent heath issues, but when you know you are losing Edwin/Donaldson/Yan/Chiz you cannot afford to lose a day 1 type guy like Brantley on top of it all. 

They lose Edwin/Brantley/Chisenhall/Donaldson/Yandy/Gomes and replaced all 6 with Jake Bauers and Carlos Santanta

SMHHH YOU HAD A GOOD THING

Edited by AkronsWitness