Value Free Agents

Scout

Can Trey Burton play Fullback? He seems like his body type is not that of a TE but more of a move H-Back.

The Browns have a pretty great TE group, but could use a versatile FB, as we still employ one quite frequently.

My answer is Teddy Bridgewater. I feel like he's still going to be an elite NFL QB.

13 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Can Trey Burton play Fullback? He seems like his body type is not that of a TE but more of a move H-Back.

The Browns have a pretty great TE group, but could use a versatile FB, as we still employ one quite frequently.

My answer is Teddy Bridgewater. I feel like he's still going to be an elite NFL QB.

No I don't think he can play fullback... he is a good athlete, runs good routes, and has reliable hands. He is going to get paid like a starting TE this offseason by some team. 

9 minutes ago, Ballimore said:

Jordan Matthews, depending on if he goes to a good QB situation.

Yeah this is my guy. I think once he recovers from the knee surgery he’ll be back to that 800-1000 yard receiving platform. And because of the decline in production the past couple years, I think he’ll likely do a cheap prove it deal.

2 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

No I don't think he can play fullback... he is a good athlete, runs good routes, and has reliable hands. He is going to get paid like a starting TE this offseason by some team. 

He'd have to put on weight. I'd say what he's at now size wise, he could absolutely play an H-Back sort of role. He's one of those guys who isn't a fantastic athlete but is like solid to good at a ton of stuff. He'd always been that way since Ive known him back when we were 13 (he was in the same HS class as me, but I went to a magnet school and he went to Venice High just a public high school). 

Trey isn't small by any means. He's all of 6'2 tall easily but his frame is more lean. He played QB in high school and at UF, their terrible coaching staff never could figure out what position to put him at so he never was able to find much consistency which is why he didn't get drafted. 

He will definitely be a steal for whoever ends up getting him. He will never be a 1000 yard player. I see his ceiling as a TE being like 50 rec 600-700 yards and 4-5 TDs a year kind of player. But he has more value than just that because a good coach can utilize him in different ways like Doug has. 

His proper and realistic value is something like a deal of 4 years/24 million with like 12-14 mil guaranteed. And at that price he will be a valuable signing.

But with Celek leaving, and our list of positions of need not being very long, I can see Trey absolutely resigning with us on a team friendly deal that is still fair to him. I talked to him over the summer before the season when I saw him in our hometown and he is always awesome about letting me ask him about football because he is aware of how big an Eagles fan I am and weve always been friendly. And the topic of his upcoming free agency was brought up by me and he genuinely loves Philly. And that was before this season, before he just got to play with this amazing team and win a Superbowl. His biggest priorities are being with a strong character kind of locker room team and he's also really really religious. But so are a handful of really key players on the team like Wentz, Maragos, Ertz, Hollins, and a few others I'm forgetting. He's very close with Wentz also, as they share that religious bond and they have some sort of prayer group they do weekly during the season and he told me how Carson takes it super seriously (as does Trey). 

Basically if you don't feel like reading my long rant the short of it is I know Burton personally and after seeing him before this season I had a strong feeling he wouldn't be leaving unless Howie just decided to not even offer him a deal or Just lowballs the hell out of him which is almost certainly not gonna happen. The team will need him, he loves it here and is legitimately like best friends with the other players, and he's like the most unselfish, team-first and just genuinely great guy that you'll find in the league. So he isn't gonna go looking for whoever can pay him the most. Plus he just had his third kid and he's only 26 lol. 

4 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

tbh he wasn't a very good running back for you guys the last few years when you needed one. He will be a good third down back imo

screams Pats signing to me if Bill is still there

Agreed. McKinnon is not a good runner but he adds value as a receiver. Especially in the screen game. 

10 hours ago, BAConrad said:

He'd have to put on weight. I'd say what he's at now size wise, he could absolutely play an H-Back sort of role. He's one of those guys who isn't a fantastic athlete but is like solid to good at a ton of stuff. He'd always been that way since Ive known him back when we were 13 (he was in the same HS class as me, but I went to a magnet school and he went to Venice High just a public high school). 

Trey isn't small by any means. He's all of 6'2 tall easily but his frame is more lean. He played QB in high school and at UF, their terrible coaching staff never could figure out what position to put him at so he never was able to find much consistency which is why he didn't get drafted. 

He will definitely be a steal for whoever ends up getting him. He will never be a 1000 yard player. I see his ceiling as a TE being like 50 rec 600-700 yards and 4-5 TDs a year kind of player. But he has more value than just that because a good coach can utilize him in different ways like Doug has. 

His proper and realistic value is something like a deal of 4 years/24 million with like 12-14 mil guaranteed. And at that price he will be a valuable signing.

But with Celek leaving, and our list of positions of need not being very long, I can see Trey absolutely resigning with us on a team friendly deal that is still fair to him. I talked to him over the summer before the season when I saw him in our hometown and he is always awesome about letting me ask him about football because he is aware of how big an Eagles fan I am and weve always been friendly. And the topic of his upcoming free agency was brought up by me and he genuinely loves Philly. And that was before this season, before he just got to play with this amazing team and win a Superbowl. His biggest priorities are being with a strong character kind of locker room team and he's also really really religious. But so are a handful of really key players on the team like Wentz, Maragos, Ertz, Hollins, and a few others I'm forgetting. He's very close with Wentz also, as they share that religious bond and they have some sort of prayer group they do weekly during the season and he told me how Carson takes it super seriously (as does Trey). 

Basically if you don't feel like reading my long rant the short of it is I know Burton personally and after seeing him before this season I had a strong feeling he wouldn't be leaving unless Howie just decided to not even offer him a deal or Just lowballs the hell out of him which is almost certainly not gonna happen. The team will need him, he loves it here and is legitimately like best friends with the other players, and he's like the most unselfish, team-first and just genuinely great guy that you'll find in the league. So he isn't gonna go looking for whoever can pay him the most. Plus he just had his third kid and he's only 26 lol. 

Plus with Foles possibly being traded he would make for a cheap backup QB. Looks like he throws okay in pressure situations!!!

17 hours ago, Danger said:

Trey Burton will make a good starting TE somewhere, Don't think the Eagles can bring him back.

Not sure what he'll get paid but I'm assuming Celek will retire or be cut and His salary will go towards Burton.

Archived