Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

13 minutes ago, Anyone but Dallas said:

McCoy has established himself as more than a generational rb. He's going to continue to defy rb age trends this year that apply to most average rbs. He's the teams main by a good margin and will get even more touches with gillislee gone. Objs ankle injury probably won't be as severe as initially thought but true rb1s with no touch competition are rare this year so idk if I would even pick a healthy obj over shady. 

Another good point.

13 minutes ago, Anyone but Dallas said:

McCoy has established himself as more than a generational rb. He's going to continue to defy rb age trends this year that apply to most average rbs. He's the teams main by a good margin and will get even more touches with gillislee gone. Objs ankle injury probably won't be as severe as initially thought but true rb1s with no touch competition are rare this year so idk if I would even pick a healthy obj over shady. 

Another good point.

Here's what I walked away with in my 12-team PPR league. Don't love it, don't hate it. I've never had Gronk on one of my teams and for some reason I impulsively selected him after getting Jordy. 

QB: Ben Roethlisberger / Andy Dalton

RB: Christian McCaffrey / Danny Woodhead / Joe Mixon / Doug Martin / Alvin Kamara

WR: Jordy Nelson / Stefon Diggs / Brandon Marshall / DeVante Parker / Cooper Kupp

TE: Rob Gronkowski / Eric Ebron 

D/ST: Giants / Bills (home against Jets week 1) 

K: Wil Lutz

4 hours ago, Renohightower said:

Dynasty Question

Big Fat hole TY ZEKE!>:(

I acquired 1.1 & 1.4 via trade

Not a CMC fan no offense just not my kind of back

Since the beginning of the offseason I had planned on taking Fournette 1.1 and then maybe C Davis if he fell to 1.4. With Zeke's suspension and threat of a ban.

Then Fournette's foot being an issue am I crazy for wanting to go Cook 1.1 then grab Fournette/Mixon at 1.4

Position Depth

1. Zeke

2. Coleman

3. J. Stewart (I traded for him just for emergency insurance)

With pick 1.1 and 1.4, taking Davis at 1 and then seeing which RB is there at 4 might be the right decision.  You would have 2 choices between Fournette/Mixon/Cook/McCaffery

I know you said you are not a McCaffery fan, but having JStewart, taking McCaffery might be a good play to have the Carolina backfield secure.  You can always move McCaffery if he is playing well in the first few weeks

Alright guys, so this was my auction draft. TBH I am pretty pissed. I overpaid for Murray and Kelce and i think it cost me the whole thing and what's worse is i typed in the bid for Murray instead of just clicking the button.

10 teams, non-ppr, 4pts passing TDs, 6pts all other TDs

QB: Dak and Stafford

RB: Demarco Murray, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffrey, CJ Prosise, Thomas Rawls(hopefully i got the right one?)

WR: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Tyrell Williams, Randall Cobb, Zay Jones, Adam Thielen

TE: Travis Kelce

DST: Jaguars(play Houston week 1)

K: Doesn't matter

13 hours ago, SoS said:

Here's what I walked away with in my 12-team PPR league. Don't love it, don't hate it. I've never had Gronk on one of my teams and for some reason I impulsively selected him after getting Jordy. 

QB: Ben Roethlisberger / Andy Dalton

RB: Christian McCaffrey / Danny Woodhead / Joe Mixon / Doug Martin / Alvin Kamara

WR: Jordy Nelson / Stefon Diggs / Brandon Marshall / DeVante Parker / Cooper Kupp

TE: Rob Gronkowski / Eric Ebron 

D/ST: Giants / Bills (home against Jets week 1) 

K: Wil Lutz

Yikes with those RB's and I'm really high on CMC in PPR too but man that's tough as an RB1.  I think Martin can give you good value after his suspension so at least you have that to hope for.  Woodhead is solid but unlikely to play the full year at 32, I'd prefer West over him because he'll catch balls and do the goal line work most likely.  Mixon you may have to wait on as well to let the RB situation shake itself out.  Gronk better be #1 WR material or you could be in trouble.  If NE spreads the ball around to Cooks, Edelmen, White, etc that is going to be big trouble.

Dalton is probably your best QB too which is not good, I have Ben on my do not draft list, he is way too up and down for my liking.  You are going to need big help from one of CMC, Mixon, Martin, Diggs or Parker to step up into that stud fantasy position sooner rather than later.  You have upside with those young guys but it's tough banking on rookies to have immediate impact.  Who knows right, I see your swing for the fences approach but it could backfire too.  Good luck.

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Alright guys, so this was my auction draft. TBH I am pretty pissed. I overpaid for Murray and Kelce and i think it cost me the whole thing and what's worse is i typed in the bid for Murray instead of just clicking the button.

10 teams, non-ppr, 4pts passing TDs, 6pts all other TDs

QB: Dak and Stafford

RB: Demarco Murray, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffrey, CJ Prosise, Thomas Rawls(hopefully i got the right one?)

WR: Julio Jones, AJ Green, Tyrell Williams, Randall Cobb, Zay Jones, Adam Thielen

TE: Travis Kelce

DST: Jaguars(play Houston week 1)

K: Doesn't matter

Not bad.  Murray, Julio, Green and Kelce are a really solid foundation to build around.  If Mixon or CMC can solidify you RB2 you should be fine.  

17 hours ago, Renohightower said:

Dynasty Question

Big Fat hole TY ZEKE!>:(

I acquired 1.1 & 1.4 via trade

Not a CMC fan no offense just not my kind of back

Since the beginning of the offseason I had planned on taking Fournette 1.1 and then maybe C Davis if he fell to 1.4. With Zeke's suspension and threat of a ban.

Then Fournette's foot being an issue am I crazy for wanting to go Cook 1.1 then grab Fournette/Mixon at 1.4

Position Depth

1. Zeke

2. Coleman

3. J. Stewart (I traded for him just for emergency insurance)

I think in a dynasty, passing on Fournette is a bad idea.  I have done three dynasty drafts this year with the 4th pick and got Cook in all of them.  I think the smart move is taking the best player in Fournette and then taking whats left of Cook/Mixon/McCaffery at 4.  I am guessing it will be Mixon or Cook left at 4.  You can't play just for the start of this year in a dynasty league and have to get the talent that will last you over a few seasons or more.

I'm in a 12 man keeper league (keep 2 players).  We have $200 to spend.  My choices for keepers (there are a lot of complex rules which limited who I could keep):

DeMarco Murray - $27

Emmanual Sanders - $18

Adam Thielen - $3

Thomas Rawls - $30

Matt Forte - $20

I decided to keep DeMarco Murray and Adam Thielen.  Figured they were the best values at those prices.  Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm in a 12 man keeper league (keep 2 players).  We have $200 to spend.  My choices for keepers (there are a lot of complex rules which limited who I could keep):

DeMarco Murray - $27

Emmanual Sanders - $18

Adam Thielen - $3

Thomas Rawls - $30

Matt Forte - $20

I decided to keep DeMarco Murray and Adam Thielen.  Figured they were the best values at those prices.  Thoughts?

Not the best options to choose from.  Murray is a no brainer.  Thielen is ok value and Sanders isn't really great value either.  If you like Sanders as a player I may go with him.  Like you said it's not great value considering he's going for about $20 on average but he's the better player over Thielen who is going around $7.  Really you are saving on average a $1 by keeping Thielen but keeping the lesser player.  It's really up to how much you value Sanders as a player.  If you are low on him this year with the DEN QB situation being shaky than I understand going with Thielen.  You may want the extra $15 bucks to spend somewhere else which is more important.  Being that I'm not high on Sanders I'd go with Thielen and use my extra bucks elsewhere.  

17 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not the best options to choose from.  Murray is a no brainer.  Thielen is ok value and Sanders isn't really great value either.  If you like Sanders as a player I may go with him.  Like you said it's not great value considering he's going for about $20 on average but he's the better player over Thielen who is going around $7.  Really you are saving on average a $1 by keeping Thielen but keeping the lesser player.  It's really up to how much you value Sanders as a player.  If you are low on him this year with the DEN QB situation being shaky than I understand going with Thielen.  You may want the extra $15 bucks to spend somewhere else which is more important.  Being that I'm not high on Sanders I'd go with Thielen and use my extra bucks elsewhere.  

We have rules that anyone drafted over $30 is not allowed to be kept and that anyone picked up off waivers/traded for, goes for their 2017 auction price.  Which limits keepers a lot in our league.  Also, it's funny you mentioned Sanders because that was the guy I originally said to keep with Murray, then I switched from Sanders to Thelien, for several reasons:

1. As you mentioned the Denver QB situation is flaky.  Siemian is better than Lynch, but I noticed that Lynch targets Sanders more frequently.
  2. Thelien is expected to play the slot and I think he can flourish there fantasy wise (it's a 1pt PPR league).
  3. Value.  Thelien probably will go for $7 in our league whereas I can probably get Sanders for $17 in our league.  These are guesses of course.

Got offered Mark Ingram for my 1st and Chris Carson in my dynasty league. 12 teams, no PPR. Do i take it? I feel like I should

Notable Players on my team

QB: Tom Brady, Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff

RB: Melvin Gordon, Lamar Miller, Joe Mixon, Danny Woodhead, Eddie Lacy

WR: Dez Bryant, Amari Cooper, Terrell Pryor, Desean Jackson, Julian Edelman

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

We have rules that anyone drafted over $30 is not allowed to be kept and that anyone picked up off waivers/traded for, goes for their 2017 auction price.  Which limits keepers a lot in our league.  Also, it's funny you mentioned Sanders because that was the guy I originally said to keep with Murray, then I switched from Sanders to Thelien, for several reasons:

1. As you mentioned the Denver QB situation is flaky.  Siemian is better than Lynch, but I noticed that Lynch targets Sanders more frequently.
  2. Thelien is expected to play the slot and I think he can flourish there fantasy wise (it's a 1pt PPR league).
  3. Value.  Thelien probably will go for $7 in our league whereas I can probably get Sanders for $17 in our league.  These are guesses of course.

Makes sense now why you had limited options.  I think you made the right decision.  Murray gets you off to a great start.

49 minutes ago, VIKINGS101011 said:

Got offered Mark Ingram for my 1st and Chris Carson in my dynasty league. 12 teams, no PPR. Do i take it? I feel like I should

Notable Players on my team

QB: Tom Brady, Marcus Mariota, Jared Goff

RB: Melvin Gordon, Lamar Miller, Joe Mixon, Danny Woodhead, Eddie Lacy

WR: Dez Bryant, Amari Cooper, Terrell Pryor, Desean Jackson, Julian Edelman

No. I'm trying to stay away from the Saints backfield. 

What would you guys do with Zeke? I have a league that allows for 1 keeper. Its not round based, so you are really just keeping the best player. The problem is, I don't know if there's anyone else worth keeping over Zeke from a talent perspective, even with him missing 6 weeks. This is the team:

RB: Zeke, Melvin Gordon, Derrick Henry, Jeremy Hill

WR: Brandin Cooks, Desean Jackson, Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins

TE: Jordan Reed, Cameron Brate

QB: Stafford and Rivers. 

Gordon is a guy that could make some sense, but injury concerns, plus a suspect offensive line really has me hesitant to take him. He's a guy that I think is going to be very overdrafted this year and I'm actually trying to avoid him in most leagues. Would you just keep Zeke and try and make sure to draft McFadden for the Cowboys to get me through the first 6, or would you keep someone else? 

Archived