Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

0.5 PPR, 10 team league, I picked 9th. Got pretty drunk halfway through so my bench picks were kinda erratic but overall pretty pleased with this team. Thoughts?

QB: Russel Wilson

RB: DeMarco Murray

RB: Christian McAffrey

WR: AJ Green

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

TE: Jordan Reed

FLEX: Ty Montgomery

K: Dan Bailey

DEF: Seahawks

Bench:

Eric Decker

Thomas Rawls

Cam Meredith

Donte Moncrief 

Corey Davis 

3 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Who do you take, Freeman, Gordon, or Ajayi? Also, I took freeman, but Ajayi was there for my second pick, as was Jordy Nelson. Convention says I take Ajayi, however I strongly considered taking Nelson to ensure I have a nice receiver. What would you have done?

I have them Freeman, Ajayi, Gordon at the moment... and I just watched Melvin Gordon in person last night.  Melvin just plain doesn't get much in the way of yards after contact; there's a genuine gambler in me that might actually take Gurley over him in a standard league because Gurley looked just the opposite last night even working with a right side of the OL that's all kinds of funky.  And if he's available to me, I'm taking Demarco Murray over all three.

As to your scenario, depending on where you're picking in the order and how many teams there are, I probably would have gone Jordy over Ajayi in the 2nd, but that's because I hvae Jordy ranked as a Top 10 pick this year.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I have them Freeman, Ajayi, Gordon at the moment... and I just watched Melvin Gordon in person last night.  Melvin just plain doesn't get much in the way of yards after contact; there's a genuine gambler in me that might actually take Gurley over him in a standard league because Gurley looked just the opposite last night even working with a right side of the OL that's all kinds of funky.  And if he's available to me, I'm taking Demarco Murray over all three.

As to your scenario, depending on where you're picking in the order and how many teams there are, I probably would have gone Jordy over Ajayi in the 2nd, but that's because I hvae Jordy ranked as a Top 10 pick this year.

I definitely would take Jordy over Ajayi and have Ajayi as my 4th of the players mentioned. I just don't think Ajayi is that exciting. If you take his 15 games(he missed Week 1), he had 3 games of 26+, 3 more from 10-18, and then 9 games of 8 points or less. When taking earlier players i prefer consistency. Freeman had 5 such games out of 16 and Gordon had 2(he missed the last 3 games)

40 minutes ago, Motion said:

Any concern over Thomas having a sophomore slump?

Maybe some but i don't think his ADP is wrong. Cooks is gone so he should get plenty of targets(I know Payton doesn't overwhelm 1 receiver with targets though) Snead and Ginn are fine but Thomas is clearly the best and Brees is still a beast

5 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Who do you take, Freeman, Gordon, or Ajayi? Also, I took freeman, but Ajayi was there for my second pick, as was Jordy Nelson. Convention says I take Ajayi, however I strongly considered taking Nelson to ensure I have a nice receiver. What would you have done?

I woulda took Jordy after Freeman

Just finished my first draft for the year, my main league 10 team. I picked #1. what do you all think?

QB: Luck (10), Prescott (13)

RB: Johnson (1), Elliot (2) , Hunt (5) , McFadden (7), West (9), 

WR: Hilton (3) , Pryor (4) , Garcon (8),  T .Williams (11), M. Jones (12) 

TE: Reed (6) , Henry (14)

D: KC (15)

K: Crosby (16)

I know my WR's are a liability but I figured I had to snag McFadden since I got Zeke. Was Amazed Reed fell to the 6th Round, I was going to go another WR but the value was too high. I hate drafting backup TE/QB but the injury bug is too scary with them. Also I didnt realize the cowboys play the giants week 1 so i might change my qb

On 8/25/2017 at 11:21 AM, mattyice0401 said:

Alright Key and SoS I wanted to get your thoughts on my team. First draft of the year  picking 7th, 10 man ppr league. I'am not to excited about my WR situation but I feel like WRs are easier to come by in FA. Numbers inside ( ) is the round I drafted them in. out of 18 rounds

QB Stafford(13)

RB Zeke(2), Lynch(3), Mixon(4), Henry(8), Gore(10), J. Conner(15), A. Morris(16)

WRs OBJ(1), Diggs(5), B marsh(6), Moncrief(7), Tyrell Williams(9), Doctson(14)

TE Rudolph(11), Hooper(18)

K Tucker

D/ST Jax

Bump

Drafted my 2nd team, 10 man ppr league picked 8th.

QB Brees (5), Dalton(18)

RB McCoy(1), Howard(2), Woodhead(6), AP(7), Henry(10), Conner(15), Cohen(17)

WRs TY(3), Alshon(4), J Mac(8), Decker(9), Thielen(11), White(13) 

TE Ebron(12)

K Tucker

D/ST NYG

Let me know your thoughts on both teams! Maybe any upgrades

Hey @keysersoze3421

I own the 12th pick in my 12 team, 0.5 PPR, 6 PT for passing TD league. We only start 2 RBs (and 3 WRs) so, rather than take someone I'm not sold on at the position due to depth, I'm going to take Aaron Rodgers at 12 and follow it up with Jordan Howard should he be there (may even gamble on Zeke, not sure yet, depends on how the board falls). Considering the fact that this is still a 6 pt per passing TD league, I'd rather have the sure thing in Rodgers than any of Ajayi, Murray, or MGIII and I can't gamble on Gurley that high either. So, I'm going Rodgers+Howard and hoping a starting quality RB falls to me (I know he's not a stud or anything anymore but I wouldn't hate Frank Gore as RB2 with Rodgers carrying the load). Am I crazy for going this route or can you understand my stance?

I'm secretly praying as hard as ever that Crowell falls to 36 as well so I'd be set at QB1 and RB1/RB2. Also, is 36/37 too high for McCaffrey/Cook/Mixon/Hunt?

Archived