Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Dak Prescott @ NYG

Matthew Stafford vs ARI

Tyron Taylor vs NYJ(he is on the waiver wire)

Andy Dalton vs Baltimore(also on WW)

I will only carry 2 QBs but i have some reservations about Stafford. Didn't realize Tyrod got dropped(but the concussions certainly are a worry) and Dalton has his weapons back

Should i drop Stafford for Tyrod or Dalton? Also, who would you start Week 1?(4 pts for passing TDs)

@Counselor

@bigbadbuff23835

Dalton all day

Big money league draft today ($500) PPR

My main question is about draft strategy.  We have 1 keeper and mine is Bell.  My thought is to go top 2 receivers, best RB available, then best option QB/TE TE/QB next two. Follow that with best WR available.   

#1. This league is point based as opposed to head to head.  

#2. We have to fill out full roster before any "bench spots".  This means I can't draft a 4th RB or WR until after I have 2 QB's, 2 TE's, 2 Def and 2 kickers. CRAZY

#3. We redraft order after every snake so sometimes you may have to reach for someone because you could end up not picking for a good amount of time.

#4.  This league has insane bonus points for long TD's and going over yardage benchmarks and whatnot.

Starting lineup looks like this.......

QB

2 RB 2 WR  or  1 RB 3 WR 

TE , DEF, K

Any thoughts or insight is appreciated and sorry for such a long post but the details are kind of critical.  Draft in T- 5 hours!!!!

On 02/09/2017 at 8:51 AM, G-McDog said:

I drafted last night. This is my team. I'm not at all feeling confident about it. The NFL.com predictions thing said I was going to come last!!! It's a standard NFL.com league. Please be honest with me. How bad is it?

QB Jameis Winston

RB Ezekial Elliot

RB Joe Mixon

WR Jordy Nelson

WR Tyreek Hill

TE Jimmy Graham

Flex Dalvin Cook

Def Cardinals

K Mike Nugent

BN Philip Rivers

BN Derrick Henry

Bn Doug Martin

BN  Jacquizz Rodgers

BN Stefon Diggs

BN Pierre Garcon

Any ideas? Where's my true weakness? 

4 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Big money league draft today ($500) PPR

My main question is about draft strategy.  We have 1 keeper and mine is Bell.  My thought is to go top 2 receivers, best RB available, then best option QB/TE TE/QB next two. Follow that with best WR available.   

#1. This league is point based as opposed to head to head.  

#2. We have to fill out full roster before any "bench spots".  This means I can't draft a 4th RB or WR until after I have 2 QB's, 2 TE's, 2 Def and 2 kickers. CRAZY

#3. We redraft order after every snake so sometimes you may have to reach for someone because you could end up not picking for a good amount of time.

#4.  This league has insane bonus points for long TD's and going over yardage benchmarks and whatnot.

Starting lineup looks like this.......

QB

2 RB 2 WR  or  1 RB 3 WR 

TE , DEF, K

Any thoughts or insight is appreciated and sorry for such a long post but the details are kind of critical.  Draft in T- 5 hours!!!!

Guess I should've asked this way before draft day.

1 hour ago, AP_allday2869 said:

If I'm sitting with pick #3, Do I take Brown or the next highest runningback and go with the receivers in your "tier two" with my next picks?

When do you draft? Is it PPR?

The decision on Zeke is supposed to come Tuesday apparently. I fully expect him to play week one. I'm taking him at 7 tonight in my draft if he's there.

That's also knowing your league and who you play with, I know I'm more knowledgeable than pretty much my entire league so I feel like I can take the risk of Zeke remaining suspended.

if you're not comfortable with that, then in a standard league, take Shady, the Bills are going to feed him a TON this year. PPR I'd probably still take OBJ, but that's just me, most people would probably say AB.

I posted this in the rate my draft thread but just wanted to throw it in here too to ask what you think of it, thanks man!

10 man Standard League, I had the 9th pick...let me know what you think!

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, CJ Anderson, Doug Martin, Derrick Henry, Tevin Coleman

WR: Mike Evans, Martavis Bryant, Stefon Diggs, Tyrell Williams, Kenny Britt, Corey Davis

TE: Travis Kelce

D/ST: Panthers

K: Dustin Hopkins

Overall I like my team. My weak spot I think is WR2 but if Bryant can come back from suspension with all the attention on Bell and Brown then I think I'll get good enough production out of him. Also if Doug Martin comes back from suspension and balls out then I can use one of my RBs to trade for a better WR and they're usually easier to find off the waiver wire..thanks again in advance!

4 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Need advice on this, should i trade Carlos Hyde for Isaiah Crowell?? In PPR.

Both horrible olines, but I imagine as long as Hyde stays healthy he should be good to go. If preseason was any inclination, Hyde will also be utilized in the passing game. I don't know how the Browns are using Crowell. Just my opinion 

Just now, StevenK said:

Both horrible olines, but I imagine as long as Hyde stays healthy he should be good to go. If preseason was any inclination, Hyde will also be utilized in the passing game. I don't know how the Browns are using Crowell. Just my opinion 

So your basically saying you would keep Hyde?

Archived