Ask Keyser - 2017 Fantasy Questions Thread

keysersoze3421

17 hours ago, Dolphins1984 said:

How would you rank these RBs ROS 0.5 PPR

Christian McCaffery, C.J. Anderson, Joe Mixon, Buck Allen, Derrick Henry, Chris Carson, Alvin Kamara, Doug Martin (after suspension)

Thank you

Interesting question.

Anderson, Henry, Carson, McCaffrey, Allen, Martin, Mixon, Kamara

Some tough sorting out after Anderson.  This could be the beginning of Henry and Carson becoming every-week starters.  McCaffrey, Allen, and Mixon all play on bad offenses.  Kamara is mired in a three-headed monster.  Martin has a lot of uncertainty surrounding him.

16 hours ago, RAVINGMADD said:

So what do I do with Russell Wilson?  I'm kind of worried about my QB situation at the moment.  I picked up Alex Smith after week 1, but I don't have a ton of confidence in him getting consistent points either.  The rest of my team is carrying me at the moment.  I have:

QB Wilson

RB Melvin Gordon

WR Michael Thomas

WR Michael Crabtree

TE Charles Clay

WR/RB/TE  Kareem Hunt

WR/RB/TE Tevin Coleman

K Matt Pratter

DEF Arizona

Bench

Doug Martin

Pierre Garcon

Mike Wallace

Alex Smith

Dion Lewis

Antonio Gates

I feel like I'm in pretty good shape everywhere besides QB and TE.  Do you think the Seahawks offense will bounce back and I should stay put with Wilson? Or should I be trying to package him in a deal to upgrade at QB before his stock goes even further down?  

Also, would it be worth it to use a #4 overall waiver spot in a 14 -team league  to pick up Ben Watson and drop Dion Lewis?  Someone dropped Emmanuel Sanders, so I'll at least move up to #3, if I don't miraculously get him.   Should I put another claim in behind that for Watson?  

Wilson is a second-half player. Be patient; just use Wilson and Smith based on matchups.  I would definitely put in a claim for Sanders.  I would probably drop Lewis at this point, but I don't know that Watson is a viable target.  Don't roster three TEs.

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Should I be starting Wentz over Mariota and Russell Wilson at this point? 

Play the matchup.  I'd start Wentz this weekend, I think, though I don't really like any of the three.

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

So my QB situation is horrible with Dalton. I could pick up Bradford he's the best option on the free agency list by far, next is probably cutler lol. 

I got offered this trade in PPR

CAM

Kelvin Benjamin

James White

Mark Ingram

for 

Dez Bryant

Andy Dalton

Buck Allen

Sammy Watkins 

I'd be getting the cam side obviously.

Not a bad offer I'm gonna ask him if he'd take Buck and Ingram out of the deal. I'm not an Ingram fan, and at least Buck has been getting a bunch of touches, especially passes in that Baltimore offense.

im also really high on Dez this year, he's been a target monster but Dak has been pretty inconsistent.

what do you guys think? 

Edit: he also has Keenan Allen whom I like a lot and Ty Hilton who is a really good buy low candidate any way you think I could work one of them into a deal?

Other backs I have are Zeke, Crowell, Carson, 

other receivers I have are crabtree, Snead, hurns, and tyrell Williams.

Bad trade as constituted.  Dalton will bounce back.  Cam isn't very good.  I hate losing Dez for Benjamin.  Too much stock in the Carolina offense.  If you're getting Allen instead of Benjamin, I would, but I doubt he would do that.  

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Who do you think puts up more points by seasons end...

Jay Ajayi - Christian McCaffrey - QB stream between Alex Smith, Trevor Seimian, Sam Bradford, Carson Wentz

Or 

CJ Anderson, Christian McCaffrey, Derek Carr 

Thanks for the help

I would take the Anderson side.

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Without an IR spot, is Luck worth holding on to?

Too dependent on your roster and what you have/need.

What's up Keyser! 2-0 So far in the money league FF. I got Just a few question for this week coming up

My RB situation is kind of tricky, I guess you would say. Right now I'm starting C.J. Anderson and moving Isaiah Crowell to Flex.

RB - C.J. Anderson

RB -  Todd Gurley

Flex - Isaiah Crowell

My question to you would be - Isaiah hasn't done much this year, really anything at all, but I do have Mike Gillislee on that bench and I feel that he has good for at lease 1 TD. I do also have Davante Adams on the bench which I think if JJ is out for some sort of time I would think about starting him. I'll post my team so you can see a full view of them. Also I saw that Jason Witten was on FA and I was thinking about streaming him this week vs ARI.

QB - Carson Wentz vs NYG

RB - C.J. Anderson @ Buf 

RB - Todd Gurley @ SF 

WR - Antonio Brown @ CHI

WR - Alshon Jeffery vs NYG

TE - Coby Fleener @ CAR

BENCH

QB - Jameis Winston @ MIN

RB - Mike Gillislee vs HOU

WR - Davante Adams vs CIN

WR - Golden Tate vs ATL

WR - Sammy Watkins @ SF

Thanks in advance!!!

43 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

What's up Keyser! 2-0 So far in the money league FF. I got Just a few question for this week coming up

My RB situation is kind of tricky, I guess you would say. Right now I'm starting C.J. Anderson and moving Isaiah Crowell to Flex.

RB - C.J. Anderson

RB -  Todd Gurley

Flex - Isaiah Crowell

My question to you would be - Isaiah hasn't done much this year, really anything at all, but I do have Mike Gillislee on that bench and I feel that he has good for at lease 1 TD. I do also have Davante Adams on the bench which I think if JJ is out for some sort of time I would think about starting him. I'll post my team so you can see a full view of them. Also I saw that Jason Witten was on FA and I was thinking about streaming him this week vs ARI.

QB - Carson Wentz vs NYG

RB - C.J. Anderson @ Buf 

RB - Todd Gurley @ SF 

WR - Antonio Brown @ CHI

WR - Alshon Jeffery vs NYG

TE - Coby Fleener @ CAR

BENCH

QB - Jameis Winston @ MIN

RB - Mike Gillislee vs HOU

WR - Davante Adams vs CIN

WR - Golden Tate vs ATL

WR - Sammy Watkins @ SF

Thanks in advance!!!

Non-PPR I'm definitely starting Gillislee because of the TD potential.  If it's PPR, probably looking at Adams or Tate.

Is David Njoku someone to keep an eye on as the season goes on? in PPR and standard leagues.

Also would you drop Paul Perkins for Chris Carson? PPR league

RBs Zeke, Howard, Mixon, Abdullah, Perkins, Henry, 

I don't know what is with me and Brown players this week good god, but Is Rashard Higgins someone to add this week? Out snapped Britt last week.

Also what players intrigue you the most out of these guys? Non PPR 14 team league.

RBs Breida, Foreman, Mckinnon, Perine, J. Richard, DeAndre. Washington, Smallwood, Sims, Sproles, 

WRs Agholor, Beasley, Floyd, Funchess, Rashard Higgins, Hurns, Kearse, R. Matthews

Guys in bold are peeps I am interested in. Slim pickins

Same team from earlier PPR league, 2 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex:

RB - Zeke, Stewart, Henry, CJ1K, Powell

WR - Pryor, Fitz, Ty. Williams, Amendola, Kearse

I was offered the following trade:

Zeke for Lynch and Hopkins

I also have 2 other trades on the table:

Pryor for Cohen

Fitz for Abdullah

Do you think I should take the Zeke trade?  If I do, should I pull the trigger on one of the other deals?

How my team could do:

Lynch, Cohen/Abdullah, Henry, CJ1K

Hopkins, Pryor/Fitz, Ty. Williams, Amendola, Kearse

Who would you guys pick up as a handcuff stash? This would be my rb #5, so unlikely to ever see the field without a changing of the guard or injury. 

D'onta Foreman. I thought he looked good last week in limited touches. Probably even better than Miller. But I don't trust BOB to make that change. 

Samaje Perine. He offers little to nothing in the receiving game and is strictly a 2 down back, but already snagged 21 carries in the last game. Not sure Rob Kelly is in any danger though. 

Matt Breida - this may seem a bit peculiar, and this would be solely an injury stash. He's the clear cut number 2 in SF, and ripped off a couple of nice runs against Seatte last week. That being said, Hyde has a stranglehold on the touches right now, but isn't exactly a paragon of health. 

There are also a couple of other options - Ellington and CJ in arizona, though I don't love either of those guys. Marlon Mack is already getting a lot of snaps, but he's not looked impressive to me. Jamaal Williams in green bay

My current group is Zeke, Jordan Howard, Hunt, and Chris Carson (I also have Rawls, but he's going to be a guy that I cut) 

I'm 2-0. :)

Someone offered me this trade.

I send:

Keenan Allen

Jack Doyle

I receive

Lamar Miller

D'onta Foreman

Brandon Marshall

This is my current roster

QB- Mariota

RB- McCoy

RB- Gore

WR- Cooper

WR- Allen

TE- Witten

Flex- Benjamin

TE- Doyle

WR- Ginn

RB- Vereen

TE- Clay

RB- Tolbert

QB- Bradford

IR- Woodhead

IR- Coleman

Should I do it?

Edit: I countered the trade with Watkins instead of Marshall.

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Is David Njoku someone to keep an eye on as the season goes on? in PPR and standard leagues.

Also would you drop Paul Perkins for Chris Carson? PPR league

RBs Zeke, Howard, Mixon, Abdullah, Perkins, Henry, 

I don't know what is with me and Brown players this week good god, but Is Rashard Higgins someone to add this week? Out snapped Britt last week.

Also what players intrigue you the most out of these guys? Non PPR 14 team league.

RBs Breida, Foreman, Mckinnon, Perine, J. Richard, DeAndre. Washington, Smallwood, Sims, Sproles, 

WRs Agholor, Beasley, Floyd, Funchess, Rashard Higgins, Hurns, Kearse, R. Matthews

Guys in bold are peeps I am interested in. Slim pickins

As someone that only plays in big leagues (16 team) I understand the pain of slim pickings on the waiver wire.
I would say may as well keep an eye on Njoku, but I'm not sure if he will become anything other than any other streaming TE this season.
I would drop Perkins for Carson.
I thought about adding Higgins in my league, but IDK who I would drop for him. So I'm going to hope no one grabs him and wait another week and see. If you have the space, go for it.
I think out of that list of RBs, Sproles is most enticing. He gets consistent amount of snaps.  The others are all alright. Perine may have value this week if Kelley is out.
All those WRs are one I would keep an eye on or add at this point, except Floyd (Michael?).

Okay so i did the trade. Got Rodgers for Rivers and Allen.

Now waivers(non ppr)

Who should i target most of these 5? I already have 1 open spot from the trade and another player worth dropping.

Jason Witten(i have Gronk and he is DTD)

Samaje Perine

Chris Thompson

Jermaine Kearse

JJ Nelson(Jordy is hurting too)

These are the 5 I'm putting in claims on(no bids here)

Forge I would definitely want to stash Foreman. He just seems like the natural answer for between the tackle carries in Houston. I'd actually prefer Marlon Mack over any of the other names mentioned because I don't trust Gores longevity. 

Texans fan, you almost have to pull the trigger on that deal with your razor thin RB depth 

Question for whoever wants to answer. 

Here's my current RB/TE situation (1 PPR):

RB LMcCoy / JAjayi / TCohen

TE ZErtz / KRudolph / JDoyle

Currently being offered Gillislee or Mixon for Rudolph. I realize I'm deep at TE and thin at RB, but should I pull the trigger on either of these and if so which one? Leaning strong toward yes and Gillislee.  

1 minute ago, SoS said:

Question for whoever wants to answer. 

Here's my current RB/TE situation (1 PPR):

RB LMcCoy / JAjayi / TCohen

TE ZErtz / KRudolph / JDoyle

Currently being offered Gillislee or Mixon for Rudolph. I realize I'm deep at TE and thin at RB, but should I pull the trigger on either of these and if so which one? Leaning strong toward yes and Gillislee.  

Absolutely and honestly with the depth you have, I'd pick Mixon. I think he is a second half guy that will carry some teams.

I'm curious if I should start AJ Green (vs GB) or Demaryius Thomas (vs Buf)? AJ hasn't been able to do much so far, but I also know they just fired their OC. Or I can play Jonathan Stewart (vs NO) or Chris Thompson (vs OAK), if i'm able to get him off waiver (thompson). Thoughts?

Archived