Jump to content
Heimdallr

aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Recommended Posts

On 4/21/2018 at 9:56 AM, vike daddy said:

i like the sail motif on the numbers. in fact, i wish they would use that font ono both the digits, and have always found it odd they use two fonts for the first and second numbers on a double digit jersey.

Agreed.  There's also some issues with it on certain numbers, which they should fix, but other than that, I like the sail motif.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up finding a vehicle on Saturday, a 2012 Ford Fusion. Spent a little more than I had planned on spending, but also got a vehicle that will last longer than I was planning, so I feel like it was a good move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Ended up finding a vehicle on Saturday, a 2012 Ford Fusion. Spent a little more than I had planned on spending, but also got a vehicle that will last longer than I was planning, so I feel like it was a good move.

The Fusions are really solid, congrats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Ended up finding a vehicle on Saturday, a 2012 Ford Fusion. Spent a little more than I had planned on spending, but also got a vehicle that will last longer than I was planning, so I feel like it was a good move.

Bought my daughter a 2010 Fusion a year and a half ago at the ND DOT auction here in Bismarck.  Excellent car!  Everyone that I have met that has one loves them.  My daughter sure likes hers.  What engine did you get in it?  Hers has the 2.5L inline 4, which is surprisingly torquey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 cylinder for me as well. Looked a 6 cylinder Impala as well that was a couple of years older and same miles, but having a slightly smaller vehicle will be nice for trying to park both cars in the back of the house. The Impala probably wouldn't have fit into the old garage we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

4 cylinder for me as well. Looked a 6 cylinder Impala as well that was a couple of years older and same miles, but having a slightly smaller vehicle will be nice for trying to park both cars in the back of the house. The Impala probably wouldn't have fit into the old garage we have.

Just make sure you keep an eye on the power steering and transmission for the Fusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, since you guys have been like family since I found this site in 2006... I'm happy to announce that (upon returning from abroad), I've accepted a position as a teacher in the Wayzata school district. So, if there are any Trojans in the house, let me know what I need to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is the Kentucky Derby, Cinco De Mayo, a Loons home game, AND my favorite brewery is having their annual festival / street party today.

 

Image result for party meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my bottom wisdom teeth removed yesterday. The aftermath isn’t any fun, but whatever cocktail they gave me to knock me out was fantastic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 9:28 AM, perrynoid said:

Bought my daughter a 2010 Fusion a year and a half ago at the ND DOT auction here in Bismarck.  Excellent car!  Everyone that I have met that has one loves them.  My daughter sure likes hers.  What engine did you get in it?  Hers has the 2.5L inline 4, which is surprisingly torquey.

Bismarck in da house! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 3:19 PM, rpmwr19 said:

Well, since you guys have been like family since I found this site in 2006... I'm happy to announce that (upon returning from abroad), I've accepted a position as a teacher in the Wayzata school district. So, if there are any Trojans in the house, let me know what I need to know!

Where were you abroad? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soccer is the only game where you can win short handed (not temporarily like hockey) and I love it.

it deeply saddens me that hockey and football don’t have organized supporters and chants like soccer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Where were you abroad? 

Still in Poland, actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, rpmwr19 said:

Still in Poland, actually. 

I'm actually considering a 6 week working vacation in Poland at the end of the year. Was in Krakow several years ago and loved it. Didn't venture around the rest of the country. I've got it narrowed down to about 16 different places for the base of operations xD  I'm going to Iceland and France in a couple of weeks. I'm pretty excited about that. 

Edited by wcblack34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 9:20 AM, The Gnat said:

Ended up finding a vehicle on Saturday, a 2012 Ford Fusion. Spent a little more than I had planned on spending, but also got a vehicle that will last longer than I was planning, so I feel like it was a good move.

Hey, as someone who used to sell cars at Hudson Ford, Fusions are VERY underrated, fantastic cars! 

Just glad you didnt get a Focus :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×