2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, gopackgo27 said:

Dude. We went 7-9 with Brett Hundley starting 8 games, please stop.

Yeah and counting on Rodgers to score 4 times per game on his own again isn’t ideal by any means. Even if we go 12-4, no one here can seriously feel good about this team in the playoffs against an above average defense right now.

7 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Can’t lie, we have the feel of an 8-8/9-7 team next season at least on paper unless something drastic changes. 

We knew what we were weak at, and we’ve apparently decided on doing nothing. I’m glad the pass rusher market hasn’t dried up yet but after watching one corner after another fall like dominos I’m anything but optimistic.

It's frustrating ... for sure thought we'd be inking one of the top corners today.  There's still some guys out there, but the top guys are off the board.  I'm thinking that the Packers might bite the bullet and keep Burnett ... just can't stomach the thought of so much turnover in the secondary.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

It's frustrating ... for sure thought we'd be inking one of the top corners today.  There's still some guys out there, but the top guys are off the board.  I'm thinking that the Packers might bite the bullet and keep Burnett ... just can't stomach the thought of so much turnover in the secondary.

I thought the same (or at least hoped) but seeing the numbers Johnson/Butler are getting, I'm reminded why we generally sit out those types of signings.

Not to mention free agency hasn't even officially opened yet and this guy is already chalking up paper wins and losses. 1/3rd of this roster could very easily be turned over between today and week 1 between free agents, draft choices, trades, camp cuts, etc.

This team ain't challenging for a Super Bowl no matter who plays quarterback for it as it stands right now. 

This roster is worse right now than it was at the end of the season.  Graham is worse than Jordy and Randall. 

7 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Apparently Revis was pretty good the year before Pettine arrived since he made the Pro Bowl. Yet they were still 29th. One great player does not make a good defense.  Pettine's track record of immediately improving a defense is solid. 

You're ignoring that the Jets brought in solid FAs like Scott and Leonhard to help improve that defense. Both played a major role. He didn't improve that defense with just draft picks. What help has he gotten so far to help turn around this defense? 

I'm not denying that he turned around that defense during his first year. They gave him some FAs to work with though. Something that also cannot be denied. 

3 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I thought the same (or at least hoped) but seeing the numbers Johnson/Butler are getting, I'm reminded why we generally sit out those types of signings.

That was stupid money - IMO - for both - many of the DBs and WRs.

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This team ain't challenging for a Super Bowl no matter who plays quarterback for it as it stands right now. 

This roster is worse right now than it was at the end of the season.  Graham is worse than Jordy and Randall. 

Good thing week 1 is six months away. Now that Wilkerson and Graham have signed I see you being a "keep moving the goalposts" guy. Nothing will ever be good enough for people like you. That's becoming clear seeing that you think cutting this present day version of Jordy will be some big loss.

They'll no doubt do some things at CB and it surely will not be good enough for you.

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Not to mention free agency hasn't even officially opened yet and this guy is already chalking up paper wins and losses. 1/3rd of this roster could very easily be turned over between today and week 1 between free agents, draft choices, trades, camp cuts, etc.

I will continue to post whatever I feel at the time and you will continue to read my opinions.

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

Good thing week 1 is six months away. Now that Wilkerson and Graham have signed I see you being a "keep moving the goalposts" guy. Nothing will ever be good enough for people like you. That's becoming clear seeing that you think cutting this present day version of Jordy will be some big loss.

Leave me alone, man.  Seriously.  You bother me.  Quit quoting me.  I do not value your opinion. 

Archived