2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

16 minutes ago, SSG said:

My comment was in regards to Allison starting (think he said WR2).  If he's starting on the outside at the beginning of this year, our offense is going to be in a lot of trouble.  Will be the dink and dunk offense we seen in 2015 all over again.  Nothing like going 3 for 3 on a drive and still having to punt.

I still think we will make a move in FA for a wr or get one in the draft, so I doubt we have to rely on Allison all season. Even so I doubt we reach 2015 levels with a much better running game and a legit TE threat. 

I wonder if Kentrell Brice can play the Star position or maybe even outside CB(looks like he was recruited as a CB),  looking at his numbers at his pro day  he looks a lot like Jalen Ramsey on paper.

If he can .. and Jones can step in for Burnett, we are ok at 2S/3CB, maybe Waters is a gem,  just maybe....  so your saying there's a chance.....

2 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

You mean 2015 when Adams was hurt? Adams is a much better WR than he was back in 2015. 

If Rodgers cannot make it work with this current group of WRs and TE then maybe we shouldn't be payng him top dollars. Brady won the SB without Gronk and shredded the Eagles with Logan/Amendola as his only 2 WR. The Pats have been dinking and dunking their way to victories for years now (but they also use their RBs in the passing game, something that seems to be forbidden in GB). 

Come on now, Brady didn't win anything with just mediocre WRs.  He's had elite defenses, the best coach in the NFL and a stable of interchangeable weapons.  If New England is the model then we need to blow this team and front office up and start form scratch.  Mike McCarthy isn't qualified to hold Bill Belichick's jock strap much less be mentioned in the same sentence with him.  IMO the scheme needs talent at WR more so than the QB. 

Also, Tom Brady has averaged more yards per completion each of the last 3 years than AR12 so I'm not sure I'd say they're dinking and dunking anything.  While his WRs are smaller they are substantially quicker and faster than the slow footed group of Cobb, Allison and Adams. 

Breeland and Robinson off the market and I'm calming down about Randall because everybody kept telling me free agency hadn't started, free agency had just started...

Getting close to panic levels again.  Corners are running out. 

Now that Murphy is off the board I'd like to nominate another sleeper/rotation guy for edge:

Matt Longacre from the Rams.  UFA a couple years ago. His play has picked up last year. 6'3" 255.  Rams just tendered him at the lowest level so they have right of first refusal, but no compensation.  We can offer OUR price point with no risk.

4 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Rapsheet says 30 million, Shefter 21 million. Both seem too rich for me.

10mill a year is definitely high to me but at 7 he could prove to be a bargain if he can be a consistent 10-13 sack a year player like he looked like he was before the ACL injury. I’d have preferred a two year deal personally to get out of it if he can’t  come back at full strength however.

Archived