2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, Chili said:

No but he is viable and productive NFL player who can do the job for you. He's already 28 years old and only established himself as a starting quality corner after being a journeyman for much of his career. His next team will be the 5th team of his career.

Ouch, I wasn't aware of that.  How many guys who have played on 5 teams in 5 years turn into quility NFL starters?  He's going to be 29 shortly after the start of the 2018 season.  

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Melvin is a midwest dude, grew up in Waukegan, played at Northern Illinois and now in Indy. Packers have several former Indy coaches on staff.

Maybe that helps our chances

Seems to play into our hands a bit .. maybe this will be a good match.

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Melvin is a midwest dude, grew up in Waukegan, played at Northern Illinois and now in Indy. Packers have several former Indy coaches on staff.

Maybe that helps our chances

Good point regarding the Indy connection. He also fits the mold of the type of CB Pettine likes in his defense.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm greedy .. I want Melvin and Gaines .. then go with best available defender in round one, or trade up for someone in particular.

There's something about Gaines being let go by 2 teams that has me concerned, and getting both him and Melvin is a damn risk. I mean we are bare at corner....

Archived