2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Here are the exact terms of the Damarious Randall-DeShone Kizer trade: Packers get Kizer plus a fourth-round pick (No. 101 overall) and a fifth-round pick (No. 138) for Randall and a fourth-round pick (No. 114) and a fifth-round pick (No. 150).

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

If Pettine thinks Mathieu can be a great piece, and Mathieu has interest in coming here, I'm ok with it. We have money we can move around. We don't have a difference maker in the secondary right now, and if Mathieu can be that, then why not? Our allocation of resources is heavily underused in the secondary, we can afford his contract with a combination of Rodgers and Cobb extensions, and Bulaga and Perry restructures. 

I'm not saying to pay more than market value, I'm just saying we could make market value work if he is worth it

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Whats the story / history with his knee injuries? He's had two injuries / surgeries / down years right? What are the details. How long ago and severity info would come in handy.

Why are you asking me? icon_uhoh.gif

cRQjbcP.gif

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Here are the exact terms of the Damarious Randall-DeShone Kizer trade: Packers get Kizer plus a fourth-round pick (No. 101 overall) and a fifth-round pick (No. 138) for Randall and a fourth-round pick (No. 114) and a fifth-round pick (No. 150).

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Nice it's the high 4th and not the lower and our comp.

Im not sure Joe Thomas is done as a Packer. The non-tender just means the Packers do not want to pay him the 1.9 million that is attached to the tender. We've non-tendered players before and then brought the back on a cheaper contract.

Melvin from a physical standpoint is basically a faster version of Trumaine.

R. Melvin's Pro Day:   6'2" 196lbs 4.42(40) 7.32(3cone) 4.29(shuttle) 10'6"(broad) 38"(vertical)

Trumaine's combine: 6'2" 204lbs 4.61(40) 7.20(3cone) 4.15(shuttle) 10'2"(broad) 35.5"(vertical)

Plus he seams to have a fan in Joe Philbin. He was on the Dolphins practice squad when Philbin was coach and then signed with the Colts a couple months after Philbin was hired to the staff. Coincidence? maybe...

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

Meaning?

I'm a little leery of Melvin and it's not that he appears to be a one-year wonder. It's that his 3-cone drill was 7.32....we have TE's with better 3-cone drill numbers FWIW...

I mean, he's not going to be perfect, no one at this point will be. We arent going to get Marcus Peters. At this point we just need to add some guys who are better than what we have. I would love Melvin and then a House/Tramon or maybe we get greedy and add Melvin plus Claiborne/Gaines. We just need to add something there because we literally have no one outside of King right now.

1 minute ago, bjwpack said:

Melvin from a physical standpoint is basically a faster version of Trumaine.

R. Melvin's Pro Day:   6'2" 196lbs 4.42(40) 7.32(3cone) 4.29(shuttle) 10'6"(broad) 38"(vertical)

Trumaine's combine: 6'2" 204lbs 4.61(40) 7.20(3cone) 4.15(shuttle) 10'2"(broad) 35.5"(vertical)

Plus he seams to have a fan in Joe Philbin. He was on the Dolphins practice squad when Philbin was coach and then signed with the Colts a couple months after Philbin was hired to the staff. Coincidence? maybe...

I just posted somewhere he's a cheaper Johnson. Nice 

Archived