2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

27 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I had completely forgotten that Shurmur left. That changes things. Their offense will still be productive though.

What’s productive? Sure they will put up points but I don’t think we can expect Diggs and Thielien to have they’d year’s they did last year. You can expect them to stay as healthy.

Plus the whole issue with Cousins is he is up and down and he plays down to his competition.

Plus for as much praise as we give Zimmer his postseason record isn’t great... like at all. And it was HIS defense that really came to pieces this postseason.

Im sure they will be a tough out and are at this point kings of the north but they aren’t head and shoulders ahead of everyone in the division.

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

3500 yards and 22 TDs in 14 starts (15 games played).  In a passing league with those weapons, it wasn't all that impressive of a season IMO.  He surely played better but to expect Cousins to have one of the worst seasons of his career with the best weapons he's ever had isn't all that realistic IMO. 

You're numbers were 4,000 and barely over 22 TDs. So you think in another 1.5 games it wouldn't have been likely he got to near 4,000 yards and 26-28 TDs? Those are approximately Kirk Counsins careers numbers of his best seasons. That's the point. And for the record I think the Cousins signing is a good move.

6 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

I'm much more concerned about our offseason than whatever the Vikes/Bears/Lions do. Let them do whatever they think they should do.

So how's CB hunting going today? Still nothing? 

Word is we signed some guy named Waters yesterday. Packers writers basically making him out to be Deion Sanders 2.0. We're set at CB.

About the Vikes...can we agree that so far they have "won" free agency?  Cousins and Richardson has to put them at or near the top of free agency.  (Not counting trades)

When is the last time a team won free agency and made it to a Super Bowl?

Last time a QB switched teams and went to a Super Bowl?   ...or won one?  (Even took Manning a while in Denver.)

Point being...is Minnesota gearing up?  Or are they treading water?  I don't think that Cousins is an upgrade over what Keenum did last year.  At best I think they can hope for the same results, which ain't bad by the way...  Defensively?  I think Floyd is about done, so they bring in Richardson.  That's a plus.  But that defense was shredded pretty good for the last 6 quarters of football that they played.

I'm unsure how much they really got better.  I feel more like they stayed the same from last year.  And I thought with a healthy Rodgers, we beat them twice last year.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

About the Vikes...can we agree that so far they have "won" free agency?  Cousins and Richardson has to put them at or near the top of free agency.  (Not counting trades)

When is the last time a team won free agency and made it to a Super Bowl?

Last time a QB switched teams and went to a Super Bowl?   ...or won one?  (Even took Manning a while in Denver.)

Point being...is Minnesota gearing up?  Or are they treading water?  I don't think that Cousins is an upgrade over what Keenum did last year.  At best I think they can hope for the same results, which ain't bad by the way...  Defensively?  I think Floyd is about done, so they bring in Richardson.  That's a plus.  But that defense was shredded pretty good for the last 6 quarters of football that they played.

I'm unsure how much they really got better.  I feel more like they stayed the same from last year.  And I thought with a healthy Rodgers, we beat them twice last year.

For the love of God, would people stop saying Cousins isnt better than Case freaking Keenum? I mean I know we hate the Vikings but that simply is not a reasonable argument to even attempt to make. Vikings got Cousins, deal with it. Can we still beat them? Sure. Could they easily beat us? Sure. 

Archived