2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, Lodestar said:

That was the year Bortles threw 35 TDs and basically just bombed it deep on every play. I had Hurns in fantasy that year, and there was never anything remotely impressive about him.

We'll have to agree to disagree them.  Randall Cobb and Devante Adams have one 1000 yard season between them and that was an eternity ago.  1000 yards and 10 TDs is impressive too me with any QB much less a guy who's as terrible as Blake Bortles.  Maybe you haven't watched him play football lately, he's awful.

Trade Randall, let Burnett sign a deal for less than 5m/year, don't beat Honey Badger's offer of 1 year $7m, try to poach Kyle Fuller with an extremely affordable deal for Chicago and watched corner after corner get signed. This has been an absolute nightmare offseason for the secondary.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

This offseason turned to suck in a hurry.

Timeline of the last three weeks:

We're going to get Trumaine Johnson>>Tramon Williams can still play, and he'll come back to GB>>Kentrell Brice is underrated as a safety, maybe he's the answer in the slot

Be patient.  Free agency just started a week ago. 

34 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

???

Not sure where I said any of that. I had him in fantasy and watched him a bunch. Wasn't impressed. YMMV.

You didn't say anything about watching him in your OP it said you had him in Fantasy lol. That's why I was confused at what that had to do with the player Hurns is. You'd be surprised at how many people compare Fantasy Statistics with how good a player really is in real life. It came off as that's what you were saying. I apologize if I didn't read that correctly.

40 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

You didn't say anything about watching him in your OP it said you had him in Fantasy lol. That's why I was confused at what that had to do with the player Hurns is. You'd be surprised at how many people compare Fantasy Statistics with how good a player really is in real life. It came off as that's what you were saying. I apologize if I didn't read that correctly.

The fantasy comment was meant to imply that I know he produced in 2015. Pretty sure he helped me win my league that year! But it was a lot of games where he would have like 3 catches for 90 yards and a long touchdown. Watching him, it never made any sense. It's not like he stretched the field or scared defenses. Bortles just bombed it everywhere and a few times a game he got lucky.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

1999 draft here we come. 

Ward

Bates

Averett

I say while we're at it, cut Dix and go for the record -- youngest, most inexperienced starting defensive backfield in NFL history. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I say while we're at it, cut Dix and go for the record -- youngest, most inexperienced starting defensive backfield in NFL history. 

I have no problems starting rookies in the secondary. One of the easiest positions to play without experience. We won a SB with a converted UDFA WR playing #2 boundary CB.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I have no problems starting rookies in the secondary. One of the easiest positions to play without experience. We won a SB with a converted UDFA WR playing #2 boundary CB.

You mean the same team that had one of the best CBs in NFL history (Woodson) and another veteran Pro Bowler (Williams) and a Pro Bowl FS (Collins)? That's a little different than what we have here. Hell, I'd even take Jarrett Bush right now. He'd be our No. 2 CB at the moment. 

Archived