2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

There’s always a market for 26 year old underachievers. My guess is, our offers on the table. It’s a team friendly deal so Mathews is hesitant to sign. He’s waiting for the market to heat back up, which will require injuries that don’t happen right now.

I think what has been said is accurate, in that he won't be able to pass a physical right now, so he likely doesn't have any offers yet. 

All that being said, I would much rather have Jordan Matthews at 1/6 or 2/14 than ARob for 14aav or Watkins at 16aav. I don't want to get back in a spot where we're paying 2 WRs so much again after this year

4 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

The Cards have scheduled a visit with Brice Butler. They also had Jordan Matthews in before he visited The Pack. Hopefully that is a sign that they have moved on to other targets as he is Green Bay bound. Here is hoping...

Brice Butler could be so much better if his mental game was where his physical game was.

1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

I think what has been said is accurate, in that he won't be able to pass a physical right now, so he likely doesn't have any offers yet. 

All that being said, I would much rather have Jordan Matthews at 1/6 or 2/14 than ARob for 14aav or Watkins at 16aav. I don't want to get back in a spot where we're paying 2 WRs so much again after this year

Yeah I have no idea how that works because there's no way Richard Sherman is passing a physical right now, same with Robinson 6months removed from the ACL. I guess if they're a big ticket signing you do it anyway, and if it's a value guy you'd rather wait until he passes the physical I guess.

Either way, I'd say we're the favorite to bring in Matthews, and if James Jones really did tweet that he signed and then quickly deleted it, my guess is we've agreed on numbers (he said it was a 3 year deal) and Matthews will be back to take another visit and try to pass his physical closer to the draft.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah I have no idea how that works because there's no way Richard Sherman is passing a physical right now, same with Robinson 6months removed from the ACL. I guess if they're a big ticket signing you do it anyway, and if it's a value guy you'd rather wait until he passes the physical I guess.

Either way, I'd say we're the favorite to bring in Matthews, and if James Jones really did tweet that he signed and then quickly deleted it, my guess is we've agreed on numbers (he said it was a 3 year deal) and Matthews will be back to take another visit and try to pass his physical closer to the draft.

I would like this. I hope it something like 3/21 with a chance to be higher, and around 10-12m guaranteed. 7aav, right in between Hurns and Paul Richardson. Sounds about right to me

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Is that what he tweeted? I just saw a mention that he tweeted something about Matthews.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I liked the structure of the Sherman contract - veeeeerrrrry team friendly, with very little risk if he can't come back from this injury right away.  I guess that's what happens when you negotiate your own contract.  As for Robinson, he was definitely more expensive, but the Bears still have a 1 year out if he doesn't come back to the same level.  Maybe that's because Robinson is 24 and Sherman is 29 - younger players tend to heal much more quickly.

As long as Matthews has an agent, the Packers will likely have to wait for him to pass a physical before he'll sign the deal, otherwise he'd have to sign one that wouldn't guarantee much.

3 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Couple nuggets from MM

The fact that hes acknowledging makes me a little more comfortable in know its going to be addressed. If he would of said something like "We are happy with our CBs right now" I would be worried. 

4 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

This one on evans didn’t seem to show up 

I don't see why we don't resign him. Hes cheap, was fairly effective, and adds a layer of depth on an OL that doesn't have much depth if our current guards get injured. 

Just now, Spartacus said:

I don't see why we don't resign him. Hes cheap, was fairly effective, and adds a layer of depth on an OL that doesn't have much depth if our current guards get injured. 

I think the issue is whether or not Evans is retiring, not whether or not we're willing to re-sign him. 

14 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

I think he’s a soccer fan too. Mentions he tore up his knee playing iirc. Nagler is the one who would like “fútbol” for that reason :ph34r:

My god. I bet Cohen uses the knee as an excuse he doesn't play anymore or made the big leagues. He probably really sucks but had to satisfy his school girl crush for soccer over Twitter.

Sorry I really can't stand the guy. Some of it's probably not completely deserved, but he has one of those faces and voices that just make me irritated. 

2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I'd take Jordy at 2/10.

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

The fact that hes acknowledging makes me a little more comfortable in know its going to be addressed. If he would of said something like "We are happy with our CBs right now" I would be worried. 

Yeah that seems like quite the deviation from what he usually seems to say

Archived