2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Nagler was speculating last night on his FB Live thing that the price for PP2 would be a 3rd or a 4th. If that were true don't you think we or someone else would've already made that trade? I like Nagler but I don't think he has any clue of market value on these trades. 

17 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Nagler was speculating last night on his FB Live thing that the price for PP2 would be a 3rd or a 4th. If that were true don't you think we or someone else would've already made that trade? I like Nagler but I don't think he has any clue of market value on these trades. 

Nagler doesn't have a clue. Peterson is due 3/34 which is a total steal in today's market, no red flags and is in the prime of his career. I'd call and see if they'd take our 2nd rounder, but I don't think it would be accepted.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Nagler doesn't have a clue. Peterson is due 3/34 which is a total steal in today's market, no red flags and is in the prime of his career. I'd call and see if they'd take our 2nd rounder, but I don't think it would be accepted.

Well, in truth nobody has a clue. Its not a trade thats even been officially offered or on the market - so its all just theory.

In any case, he began by saying "....its a good question....maybe a 3rd round pick (?) maybe a 2nd round pick? Maybe a 3rd and a 4th? I dont know. Cant imagine AZs truly that interested in trading him (you never know) but I think you'd kind of have to bowl them over with an offer though"

It's just chatter. A conversation. A fireside chat for Packer fans. He doesnt know - I wouldnt expect him to know - and he acknowledged it multiple times in his comment. Dont see a problem.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well, in truth nobody has a clue. Its not a trade thats even been officially offered or on the market - so its all just theory.

In any case, he began by saying "....its a good question....maybe a 3rd round pick (?) maybe a 2nd round pick? Maybe a 3rd and a 4th? I dont know. Cant imagine AZs truly that interested in trading him (you never know) but I think you'd kind of have to bowl them over with an offer though"

It's just chatter. A conversation. A fireside chat for Packer fans. He doesnt know - I wouldnt expect him to know - and he acknowledged it multiple times in his comment. Dont see a problem.

Then what's the point? He knows exactly what he's doing, stirring up the less knowledgeable fans who think there are these great players out there to be had and we're not doing anything.

I can go do a podcast about how I think the Broncos would take our 2nd rounder for Von Miller, what good does it do?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Then what's the point? He knows exactly what he's doing, stirring up the less knowledgeable fans who think there are these great players out there to be had and we're not doing anything. I can go do a podcast about how I think the Broncos would take our 2nd rounder for Von Miller, what good does it do?

Understood but I guess it all comes down to expectations. I dont listen to Nagler or any of the others for their prognostications on hypothetical things that may come down the line. I listen to such chatter recognizing it for what it is (or this portion of it at least.....) - hypothetical prognostications of things that may come - and leave no more worked up than when I started listening.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Understood but I guess it all comes down to expectations. I dont listen to Nagler or any of the others for their prognostications on hypothetical things that may come down the line. I listen to such chatter recognizing it for what it is (or this portion of it at least.....) - hypothetical prognostications of things that may come - and leave no more worked up than when I started listening.

Yes but we're a small percentage of the fan base and probably the ones that consume the least amount of that type of media. I guarantee I'll hear dozens of phone calls on the radio after our defenses first bad game next season asking why we didn't trade for a guy like Peterson.

Archived