2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No I'm not.  Even if you removed the 2019 pick completely, the Jets paid 340 points over the draft chart value to move up 3 spots.  That's the 56th overall pick in the draft OVER the value chart to move from 6th to 3rd.  You honestly believe any team would trade a top five pick for the 23rd, 31st and 43rd overall picks? 

The Jets overpaid. Hope that is the exception and not the rule.  Gronk is turning into a pain in BBs *** and OBJ the same to NY.  So throw both of them into the trade:

23,31,43 and 2019# 1 AND Gronk for the Giants #2 and OBJ.  Keeps TB happy with a better WR than Cooks, the Pats get their QB of the future and the public declares the Giants the winner of the trade.  Pats lose 1st rounder next year, but get at least 2 third round comp picks to offset.

Matthews probably isn't getting the offers he wanted to get.  If he didn't sign with the Packers and Patriots only to go on to visit the Cardinals/Titans after those two visits, it means he's looking for the money.  Could be good for the Packers, could be bad for the Packers. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Matthews probably isn't getting the offers he wanted to get.  If he didn't sign with the Packers and Patriots only to go on to visit the Cardinals/Titans after those two visits, it means he's looking for the money.  Could be good for the Packers, could be bad for the Packers. 

I mean, every free agent is looking for money. Him visiting the Titan's dosen't necessarily mean he's only looking for money or to break the bank". It could mean a number of things. Perhaps he didn't get offers from GB/NE at all due to his health. Perhaps he's using the Titans for leverage. Perhaps he's interested in the Titans because he played college Bball in Tennessee. 

I wonder if the NFL Draft comes and goes and the Packers don't get that outside corner they were hoping to land if they'd look back to one of the rumored potential trades last year of Patrick Peterson to Green Bay. Just some fun thinking just before work because I enjoy doing this to myself.

Archived