2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

13 hours ago, Pilprin said:

How about Tom Crabtree? TOo old? :D

He's funny in Twitter so he's awesome.

Sorry. Reddit had such a hard-on for that dude. I swear half of them thought he was Gronk because he was kinda half funny

18 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Nah, neither can block and Kendricks is the more dynamic receiver which says more about RRod than Kendricks.

co-sign.

Rich-Rod was a reach and became the poster child for our receivers "not getting separation." We were going to draft his replacement this year anyway at some point, but I guess that need just got bumped up. I like Adam Brenaman in the mid-rounds.

I am much more excited about seeing who the Pack brings in for the TE position moving forward then I am worried about losing Rich-Rod. See if Byrd has anything to him at this time as well. How much inline does the TE really do in GB? Right now the Pack really does not have an inline TE. Kendricks is not really a Y. He can be moved around as a FB and in motion to help block but he is not a force at all inline. I am not sure he would even necessarily be safe depending how the draft goes and whether they will need his cap money should someone become available.

As for prospects I like in the draft, to groom behind Graham: Andrews, Goedert.

To replace Kendricks: Gesicki, Fumigali.

To get a true inline TE: Thomas out of IN and Brenaman look like good developmental guys for that role.

Excited to see who they all get to remake that position for the future and to see what, if anything, Byrd would be able to do.

5 minutes ago, PackFan4Life said:

I am much more excited about seeing who the Pack brings in for the TE position moving forward then I am worried about losing Rich-Rod. See if Byrd has anything to him at this time as well. How much inline does the TE really do in GB? Right now the Pack really does not have an inline TE. Kendricks is not really a Y. He can be moved around as a FB and in motion to help block but he is not a force at all inline. I am not sure he would even necessarily be safe depending how the draft goes and whether they will need his cap money should someone become available.

As for prospects I like in the draft, to groom behind Graham: Andrews, Goedert.

To replace Kendricks: Gesicki, Fumigali.

To get a true inline TE: Thomas out of IN and Brenaman look like good developmental guys for that role.

Excited to see who they all get to remake that position for the future and to see what, if anything, Byrd would be able to do.

I concur. I think the TE position is one that is getting overlooked by many fans bc of the Graham signing, but they need some talent there to develop behind him. I'd love to see QB12 throw to a guy like Gesicki in the future.

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

I concur. I think the TE position is one that is getting overlooked by many fans bc of the Graham signing, but they need some talent there to develop behind him. I'd love to see QB12 throw to a guy like Gesicki in the future.

Since TEs don't hardly ever contribute in their first year I don't want to spend too high of a draft pick on one.

Gesicki is a worse blocker than DickRod.  No physicality at all.

I'd like to see Tyler Conklin.  Very athletic and very good explosion numbers. One year behind Graham and I think he's be ready.

All this talk about a TE and when was the last good TE in Green Bay?  We had half a season out of Cook and before that Finley.  The offense still thrived without a good TE.  Do I want one yes.  Do I think its a huge need?  No, especially considering they have Graham.  

55 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Since TEs don't hardly ever contribute in their first year I don't want to spend too high of a draft pick on one.

Gesicki is a worse blocker than DickRod.  No physicality at all.

I'd like to see Tyler Conklin.  Very athletic and very good explosion numbers. One year behind Graham and I think he's be ready.

If you got a guy like Gesicki, you are not grooming him to be an inline guy. Graham certainly is not coming to Titletown to be an inline guy either lol.

I think we should be very precise in what roles we think each TE prospect would likely fill long term here in Titletown. Everyone knows a TE pick is likely a pick for the future and not year one, so we can move past that argument. The reality is the Pack needs to add talent to that area regardless. You get lesser talent later then you do earlier. It sucks ---getting a better prospect for the TE position moving forward is going to require what some call a wasted pick for 2018-- but rational heads will get over it.

Be interesting to see who they get and what they envision the TE role to be beyond Graham. I do not think anyone here really has any clue what that role will be post Graham.

4 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Huh, looks like WR is gonna be a draft pick now? Good year to be looking for one imo.

We need a vet plus a draft pick. We literally have no one who can play outside opposite Adams. Considering he has to go up against Slay, Rhodes and Fuller 6 times this year, that ain't good for our offense. Hoping you solve that with a rookie is reckless for a team trying to compete for a SB.

Just now, packfanfb said:

We need a vet plus a draft pick. We literally have no one who can play outside opposite Adams. Considering he has to go up against Slay, Rhodes and Fuller 6 times this year, that ain't good for our offense. Hoping you solve that with a rookie is reckless for a team trying to compete for a SB.

You can say this about every position minus QB, RB and DL. This team has more holes than I can recall since probably 2008.

Archived