2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah who knows their plan, but I think #2 is for sale, so if you have two QBs you love if you're ARI I see no reason not to try.

I'd give up a 2nd this year and next for Peterson. Would the Giants take 15+45,46 and a 2019 1+2 for #2? Who knows, but that's the going rate to go get that QB now.

I don't blame Peterson for wanting out of there. That might be the worst team in the NFC next year.

Didn’t revis go at nearly the same age for #13 overall pick and a conditional pick? I know revis was revis but Idk if two 2nds would get that trade done for PP.

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah who knows their plan, but I think #2 is for sale, so if you have two QBs you love if you're ARI I see no reason not to try.

I'd give up a 2nd this year and next for Peterson. Would the Giants take 15+45,46 and a 2019 1+2 for #2? Who knows, but that's the going rate to go get that QB now.

I don't blame Peterson for wanting out of there. That might be the worst team in the NFC next year.

I think we're kidding ourselves if there wouldn't be multiple teams who would hand over their 1st round pick this year for him.

5 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Would you give #14 for Peterson at age 27?

It would probably solve the CB need for a few seasons.

I most certainly would. Look at the contract that Trumaine Johnson signed and then compare it to the Contract Patrick Peterson signed and that's through his age 30 season and you're getting a hands down All pro. No doubt about it that I would make that move. In a heart beat. Patrick Peterson + King + Williams + Rollins Makes me feel 100% more comfortable with that secondary next year then if we draft a corner not named Denzel Ward in the 1st next year.

Just couldn't pull the trigger on 14th overall for Peterson.  It's a pick that needs to be a significant part of our team after Rodgers retires, and 5 years from now, I don't think Peterson is going to be a significant part of our team.  Additionally, 14th overall we will have for at least four years, plus a fifth year option, plus a franchise tag.  Peterson's deal lasts three more years at 14, 11 and 13 million cap hits.  A 14th overall pick costs less than half that.  Second and third round picks I'd give, but not 14th overall. 

I think if I were MM I would want to do this deal mostly because it solves the problem for what is reasonably the rest of his tenure as packers head coach. If he believes he is a shutdown corner away from another ring I get it. I also think you at minimum get a guy for 3 yrs playing at an elite level you may not get even one from the draft pick, as someone else wrote “it’s a role of the dice” in the draft.

Id be more inclined to go 2-3 than the 1st if that was even remotely possible.

56 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Just couldn't pull the trigger on 14th overall for Peterson.  It's a pick that needs to be a significant part of our team after Rodgers retires, and 5 years from now, I don't think Peterson is going to be a significant part of our team.  Additionally, 14th overall we will have for at least four years, plus a fifth year option, plus a franchise tag.  Peterson's deal lasts three more years at 14, 11 and 13 million cap hits.  A 14th overall pick costs less than half that.  Second and third round picks I'd give, but not 14th overall. 

Give a second and the 32nd pick next year ?

So with Matthews and Meredith off the table, next WR that comes to mind is Maclin. Doesnt have the youth of those two but would be a solid vet add on a one year deal to take the pressure off a rookie in year 1. Havent heard a peep about Maclin all offseason.

Updated available FAs GB should consider:

CB: Breeland, DRC, Breaux, Webster, House, Maxwell

S: Vaccaro, Boston, Parker, Reid

OLB: Dumervil, Hali, Barwin, Brooks, Ayers, Galette

WR: Maclin, Decker, Inman

TE: Thomas, Lewis, Gates

As it stands, WR is the weakest group left, without knowing what other cuts are coming by June 1. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That signing bonus actually stays with Arizona, his cap hit for us would be 11.8, 11.8, 13 which is actually relatively cheap comparatively to that of say Trumaine Johnson and considering we were willing to pay Fuller 14 mil a year. Peterson is an All Pro neither Johnson or Fuller have been nearly as good as Patrick Peterson has since entering the league.

I'd give #14 (and one or two mid to low round picks) for Peterson in a nano second. We need all pros in their prime while Rodgers is still in his prime, not rookies that may or may not pan out, and that may or may not develop into an all pro. Take advantage of Rodgers while we still have him. Play the percentages. Make the trade!

Archived