2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Zach Kruse - Can't really look at it that way. Packers have a ton of money coming off the cap after 2018. They can structure differently (low base salary in Year 1, backloaded contract value) and still get a top CB.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse - Can't really look at it that way. Packers have a ton of money coming off the cap after 2018. They can structure differently (low base salary in Year 1, backloaded contract value) and still get a top CB.

I'd bet on my life that Richard Sherman isn't getting $14M/year.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think you're stretching it a bit.  Sign one in FA (Trumaine Johnson), draft one semi-high (Carlton Davis/Isaiah Oliver in the 2nd), and draft one in the mid-rounds and I'm pretty pleased with my CB depth chart that point.  Kirk Cousins is the only QB that improves the Vikings for 2018, and I'm not sure how signing him is a good move long-term, especially when they have so many key players who need to be extended.

This conversation is about contending in 2018....in reference to where Sherman signs.  For Sherman, long term is significantly less important than the 2018 season 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Speaking of Sherman.........

Who is Kyle Cousineau? I can't imagine there aren't laws (I don't know much about American confidentiality laws), or at least professional obligations that prevent Sherman's surgeon from discussing patient information with 3rd parties.

Just now, northernpackfan said:

Who is Kyle Cousineau? I can't imagine there aren't laws (I don't know much about American confidentiality laws), or at least professional obligations that prevent Sherman's surgeon from discussing patient information with 3rd parties.

Dont know.....and dont pre-judge information based on the origin. It appears the doctor who did the work is near Lambeau. So invite him or her out for a bit to eat and tell them to leave the HIPPA regs at the office.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

You think the NFL follows HIPAA? 

I bet for a game ticket or two the Doctor would slip over the Xrays and medical reports....plus the GBPs would have to pick up the tab for the lunch.....

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

I bet for a game ticket or two the Doctor would slip over the Xrays and medical reports....plus the GBPs would have to pick up the tab for the lunch.....

Would be the last surger in the USA.   Sherman could collect big $$$ with a HIPPO violation.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'd want more than a game ticket or two if I was staring down $250,000 in fines and a 10 year prison sentence

Archived