2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

3 minutes ago, blankman0021 said:

I’m fully expecting us to create more cap space by trading/cutting/restructuring a few players. I think we’re just waiting for the corresponding roster move at this point.

You don’t cut a WR unless you know you’re signing one. Plus if you cut a WR now he can hit the market and cash in early. If you cut him on the dawn of FA he will likely see less money since teams are throwing it elsewhere.

Agreed, and I hope so.  Same goes for DB in my opinion.  Cut one, better sign one.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Based on what I've seen, structure is HUGE in this deal.  Sure, it comes in AAV but it's significantly backloaded to protect San Francisco.

Assuming I'm reading that correctly, that's a Year 1 cap hit of $9.7M if he hits all his incentives.  Probably doesn't hit that Pro Bowl incentive, so it's probably closer to $6.7M.

Is he does get to the Pro Bowl I heard he gets a fully guaranteed 16m next year.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Is he does get to the Pro Bowl I heard he gets a fully guaranteed 16m next year.

Yeah, he's essentially betting on himself.  Not a bad deal for either side.  Figured that he'd be more in the market for a 1 year deal with some sort of vesting option.  If he's that bad, they can cut him before the season starts and save some good money.

Archived