2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

44 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Robinson's times from Combine to Pro Day are very off. Makes me think he was either hurt or just off his game at the Combine.

You can shave time off 40s but his jumps and agility drills were all better too.

NFLDS has him at 4.47 IIRC for the pro day, when I double checked. 

Rodgers hasn’t had a guy with the size +leaping ability of Robinson in his entire career. I think it’s foolish to dismiss its potential in this offense as one of Aaron’s strongest qualities is his ability to throw the ball to any spot on the field and expect his guys hands to be there. Could be lethal in the same way all those back shoulder timing throws were for so long.

7 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Rodgers hasn’t had a guy with the size +leaping ability of Robinson in his entire career. I think it’s foolish to dismiss its potential in this offense as one of Aaron’s strongest qualities is his ability to throw the ball to any spot on the field and expect his guys hands to be there. Could be lethal in the same way all those back shoulder timing throws were for so long.

Do we have to worry about his ACL at all? I know it was a long time ago. But I hadn't seen anyone bring that up that he just had a knee.

7 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Do we have to worry about his ACL at all? I know it was a long time ago. But I hadn't seen anyone bring that up that he just had a knee.

I don’t worry about that as much as I’d use to. Still young as can be and his medical history is clean prior to the knee. Obviously I don’t have the medical records so I don’t know if it was a more severe tear than the typical but if it isn’t there’s no reason to believe it should hurt him too much especially the further he gets removed from the date the tear happened.

I will be disappointed if we spend big bucks on Tru Johnson when we could have gone after lower priced better players like Peters, Talib, or Sherman. Yeah, all have some attitude issues, but so did Randall and his play was sub-par. My guess is if Randall had been as productive as Peters he would still be a Packer.

14 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

ACL's aren't the career killer they used to be. It's takes awhile to get back to normal, but most athletes do fully recover now. I'm not worried about it. 

1 hour ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Virtually impossible, agreed. At LEAST one would have to go. Maybe bye to one,restructure for other. I'd want Cobb cut and keep Nelson for less myself.

I certainly cant say for sure, but I think FatherTime is knocking on Jordy's door. Cobb can still make plays - and he gets open far more than given credit for.

The concept of moving a "slowing down / aging" WR (to the slot in this case) and he's gonna become anything more than a "slowing down and ageing a bit more" WR puzzles me.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

I certainly cant say for sure, but I think FatherTime is knocking on Jordy's door. Cobb can still make plays - and he gets open far more than given credit for.

The concept of moving a "slowing down / aging" WR (to the slot in this case) and he's gonna become anything more than a "slowing down and ageing a bit more" WR puzzles me.

I think the one big argument for Jordy is that he's on the same page as Rodgers 100% of the time and he's got super body control along the sideline. I'm completely open to any of the WR options we have right now from keeping both to letting both go and bringing in fresh guys. 

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I think the one big argument for Jordy is that he's on the same page as Rodgers 100% of the time and he's got super body control along the sideline. I'm completely open to any of the WR options we have right now from keeping both to letting both go and bringing in fresh guys. 

Agree regards the mind meld between JN & AR - but Cobb HAS produced - the guy can and has racked up clutch catches and TD - plus he's got years on Nelson that just dont exist.

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

It's not that I think he's old and slow,go in the slot. I just think he functions better than people think there. Everyone's thinking slots have to wicked quick Edelman's, but there have been the Colston's too.

10 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Unless we're bringing in multiple UFA WRs, I'm not on board with letting both go.  If we're picking between the two, I'm picking Nelson given Cobb hasn't shown to be anything but below average the last 3 years.  I'd hate to give up on Jordy after his first bad season only to find out that his 2017 season was the result of terrible QB play and not a drastic drop off in his ability.  Cobb on the other hand has shown that he's not much more than a 4-5 catch, 40-50 yard per game WR who doesn't even reach those averages in the vast majority of his games regardless of who's playing QB.

1 minute ago, SSG said:

Unless we're bringing in multiple UFA WRs, I'm not on board with letting both go.  If we're picking between the two, I'm picking Nelson given Cobb hasn't shown to be anything but below average the last 3 years.  I'd hate to give up on Jordy after his first bad season only to find out that his 2017 season was the result of terrible QB play and not a drastic drop off in his ability.  Cobb on the other hand has shown that he's not much more than a 4-5 catch, 40-50 yard per game WR who doesn't even reach those averages in the vast majority of his games regardless of who's playing QB.

Yeah, LIS, I can see an argument for all the scenarios regarding our WR's. I don't really have a favorite scenario out of them all. 

15 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

It's not that I think he's old and slow,go in the slot. I just think he functions better than people think there. Everyone's thinking slots have to wicked quick Edelman's, but there have been the Colston's too.

Fitzgerald also.  Jordy looked like a natural in the slot late in 2016.  The offense seemed substantially more efficient when Nelson was in slot instead of Cobb.  Between AR's connection with Jordy and his size, he was really effective in an offense that was hitting on all cylinders.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-jordy-nelson-s-play-at-slot-receiver-adds-to/article_d739e3ec-41b5-51a7-b5ab-e9a61ed101fb.html

EDIT: Heres an article about his play in the slot late in the 2016 season.

Archived