2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 hour ago, Joyride15 said:

Who said Watkins was going to get $6 per? LOL

I said it and that was the expected market value.  He has missed a ton of time due to injury, has had multiple foot surgeries and is a huge risk.  His production warranted a contract in the 6-7 range.  16 million is a joke.  

9 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

I get the Robinson deal, but the Watkins deal is crazy. Also I just don't believe its ever appropriate to say: we just made him the highest paid guard in the league, its like drafting a kicker in the second that you have to cut. 

I do think it's interesting the Jags decided to not re-sign Robinson (or maybe franchise tag him) but to spend money on Norwell. The Jags don't have a #1 WR on their roster so they could really use him. They still let him walk.

Brat&Beer got it right. This is when the silly money is spent. The Packers need to ignore the shiny squirrels and stay focussed on CBs. We need two or three with at least one one being starting quality. That will cost some money. The Packers then need to draft an edge at #14 and follow up with a second round WR or another CB, depending on who they were able to sign in FA. 

1 minute ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Sounds like Brees back to the Saints for 2 years.

I would really really love to see Kirk sign with the Jets now right after Sam Bradford signs with the Cardinals. 

Cousins signs with the Jets and the Vikes are back to Bridgewater?  Haha

Jordan Matthews in that same kind of mold as Watkins and Robinson, very productive first two years, really hasn't missed all that many games for having an injury label.  I liked him a lot coming out.  If we really want to add someone who can play outside, I'd give him a call

2 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Jordan Matthews in that same kind of mold as Watkins and Robinson, very productive first two years, really hasn't missed all that many games for having an injury label.  I liked him a lot coming out.  If we really want to add someone who can play outside, I'd give him a call

Jordan Matthews market value per spotrac is 9 million per year.  Watkins was 6 million and he signed for 16.  If that means Matthews is gonna get 17+  I'll pass.  If he would really take that 9 million, I'd like it.  

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I disagree.  The second contracts are the overpay.  The third contracts are the ones where you get value because everybody else thinks they're done.  Peppers and Woodson were our two best free agent signings of the Thompson era considering value, and both of them were old by NFL standards. 

I think they are the exception opposed to the rule. For everyone of them you get a Jeff Saturday et al. That's why I'm against the Graham signing and prefer a Luke Wilson, late 20's never really had the opportunity, flashed brilliance and you are not paying over the odds for. Probably the best example is when the Pats traded for Welker. I like these kind of signings. They are not stars when they arrive or stars coming to the end of their journey, they come and hopefully blossom and don't cost the earth.

Archived