2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Are you serious?  I literally just told you why.  I literally just told you how.  You think teams were terrified of Cooper Kupp beating them deep?  Or Robert Woods?  Sammy Watkins being on the field opened things up for them.  It's literally why McCarthy complained about not having a "big guy running down the middle of the field" after the 2015 season.  It's literally why we signed Cook.  I literally explained this all in my first post.  I literally said it's not about production. 

Randall Cobb is literally better than sammy watkins :ph34r:

Are you serious?  I literally just told you why.  I literally just told you how.  You think teams were terrified of Cooper Kupp beating them deep?  Or Robert Woods?  Sammy Watkins being on the field opened things up for them.  It's literally why McCarthy complained about not having a "big guy running down the middle of the field" after the 2015 season.  It's literally why we signed Cook.  I literally explained this all in my first post.  I literally said it's not about production. 

Hey HZ, As a teacher I never assume anybody reads anything. That said, What happened to the Steelers' Brown? Brown would give us the speed to take the top off the defense and make Cobb and Adams more effective under neath. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Never said he wasnt talented. He KICKED A^^ in Clemson. Has had a harder time at the next level - for whatever reason.

He *should have* broken out last year.

Grass field (easier on injuries) / Wide open offense / good weather conditions..........but he didnt. Why? Dont know - cant say. I didnt watch the Rams - but he was their forth best wide receiver and had less yards than Gurley. Something not right there.

Unfortunately theres nothing to substantiate that.

Lets just settle down and see what the structure looks like.  At first glance it is an overpay at $16M per.  But if the structure on cap hits is $10M/$12M/$18M/$24 -- it is really a 2 year deal

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Hey HZ, As a teacher I never assume anybody reads anything. That said, What happened to the Steelers' Brown? Brown would give us the speed to take the top off the defense and make Cobb and Adams more effective under neath. 

Yeah, let's get Antonio Brown.  lol.

Assuming you meant Bryant, he's way way way too risky to invest anything in.  One more drug-related incident and he's essentially out of the NFL.  Otherwise, absolutely. 

HZ - your posts arent actually difficult to understand. I know you said its not about production. You said his value was being a decoy. Got it.

If you saw/read my response, I disagree.

Watkins living on potential still.

Not production.

Not decoy skills.

Potential....and at 16M per....he's setting a high bar for potential value.

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, let's get Antonio Brown.  lol.

Assuming you meant Bryant, he's way way way too risky to invest anything in.  One more drug-related incident and he's essentially out of the NFL.  Otherwise, absolutely. 

Haha! Joke on me. I meant John Brown of the Cardinals. I'm just an old guy with a bad memory! More covfefe fast!

3 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

With the money going to Robinson and Watkins, we are reminded why FA is seldom used...

Yet we are paying $24 million to Cobb and Nelson. That's A LOT worse than overpaying for a more dynamic player.

Archived