2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Thanks guys! What do you think oh him?

He's in the group with Paul Richardson, Donte Moncrief and a couple others that I think would add an interesting vertical dimension to this team.

Problem with Brown is he has that sickle cell thing and it's a lot worse than Monty's issue.  He will not be able to play full snaps or play all the games.

Just now, Leader said:

Goff isnt a crap QB IMO. Just young.

With the Rams: Receptions, Targets and Yards....Watkins was forth across the board.

Comparing player out puts on different teams and different offensive schemes is interesting but inaccurate.

Okay, now respond to the fact that Watkins was covered by other team's number one corners real quick. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Who says Watkins' wont be backloaded as well? It's still just about using your resources appropriately. We are choosing (for now at least) to pay a ton of money to Cobb and Nelson that we could have used on Robinson/Watkins, just for example. 

I didnt want Watkins at $16 mil anyways but you get the point.

Yeah, and it's a bad point. Nelson and Cobb got 10m per. I can use this in 3 years and say "Oh the Chiefs are paying Watkins 21m per, what a bad use of resources." That's how contracts work. Nelson's deal was a steal. We got 8000 yards and 70 TDs for 55 million, thats all Nelson has made in his career. Evans just got a deal for almost double that.

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Would you pay $10 mil for Graham? Tough decision but we may have to.

I’m assuming that’s why they are interested in Ed Dickson. Exploring other options instead of having to pay that.

They should be focused on defense...

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Okay, now respond to the fact that Watkins was covered by other team's number one corners real quick. 

Nelson, Brown, OBJ, Jones, Bryant, Fitzgerald, Evans, Robinson, Jeffrey, Marshall, Thomas, Cooks, Adams, Diggs, Thielen, Megatron, Hopkins.

There's a list of WRs that easily put up better numbers in the last 2-3 years than Watkins while being covered by #1CBs.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Thanks guys! What do you think oh him?

I've always liked John Brown. Had a great year in 2015. His stats seemed to decline with Carson Palmer's career. Could be a really good bargain pickup if he hasn't lost his speed.  

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah, and it's a bad point. Nelson and Cobb got 10m per. I can use this in 3 years and say "Oh the Chiefs are paying Watkins 21m per, what a bad use of resources." That's how contracts work. Nelson's deal was a steal. We got 8000 yards and 70 TDs for 55 million, thats all Nelson has made in his career. Evans just got a deal for almost double that.

Sure, there's also the point to be made that we can cut Jordy for 2.3M in dead cap, cut Cobb for 3.2 M in dead cap, saving 19M in the process and then give that money to Watkins if that's what you want to do.

The Jordy contract was great, but there's not a really big cost to moving on right now.  The team option on Jordy's contract is not great now... but it was surely worth it then.  To me they are 2 separate things.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Sure, there's also the point to be made that we can cut Jordy for 2.3M in dead cap, cut Cobb for 3.2 M in dead cap, saving 19M in the process and then give that money to Watkins if that's what you want to do.

The Jordy contract was great, but there's not a really big cost to moving on right now.  The team option on Jordy's contract is not great now... but it was surely worth it then.  To me they are 2 separate things.

Jordy Nelson is going to have better numbers next year than Watkins so why would I want to do that?

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Man, that's doing Jordy dirty.. 

Archived