2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't think so.  All they're really doing is flooding Trubisky with receiving options and taking up all their cap space to do it.  They've overpaid for everyone they've signed so far.  Good players, but not great moves.  Burton has 63 catches for 630 yards and 6 touchdowns in a four year career.  Talk about signing a player based on potential...

They did overpay, but they had to in order to get those guys. I'm looking at it from the stand point of surrounding Trubisky with weapons. They've signed two good ones. Now lets steal Fuller from them. 

1 minute ago, Haha21 said:

They did overpay, but they had to in order to get those guys. I'm looking at it from the stand point of surrounding Trubisky with weapons. They've signed two good ones. Now lets steal Fuller from them. 

Now you're talkin'! Nothing like making yourself stronger at a position of need AND making your opponent weaker! Not sure if the Packers have the resources to create a poison pill offer though.

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Matthews has missed 9 games in the last four years. 
Justin Houston has missed 17 games in the last four years.

Picard-facepalm-animated.gif

What the hell do you even mean he got called out by Newton?  Matthews called out a route he thought the Panthers were going to run after they had been using it all day.  It was pretty damn close to the right play, and Newton still scored a touchdown throwing it.  What the hell do you expect Matthews to do when he's rushing the passer and nobody can cover?  Matthews got called out?  Bull damn crap  That kind of stuff happens on literally every single play in the NFL.  The only reason you think you heard what you didn't actually hear is because the mics happened to pick that up.  Don't know how you can be so critical of literally our fourth best defensive player last year that you can twist the fact into believing that Matthews, a pass rusher, calling a route when he's rushing the passer is somehow him getting called out by Newton.  But I've come to expect that kind of backwards, twisted logic in the Matthews hate that goes on here. 

Whiffing on tackles has probably happened 10 times in his career.  It happens.  Happens to the best of them.  Most of the times it's when he's not blocked, and they look bad, but it's probably happened 10 times in his career and it's you remembering that and getting it into your head that he whiffs on a regular basis.  There Broncos fans who didn't think Von Miller would be worth his second contract.  Fans learn to dislike their best because they want different.  That's all this is.

Over pursuing?  I assume you mean when he goes past the QB on a rush?  What if I told you that sometimes offensive linemen beat the pass rusher in this sport significantly more often than the other way around and that you and everyone else here expect too much out of Matthews? 

He just had 7.5 sacks in 14 games while having the second worst secondary in the NFL according to passer rating in the NFL. 

Von Miller just had 10 sacks in 16 games when his secondary was 20th. 
Justin Houston just had 9.5 sacks in 15 games when his defense was 11th. 

I'd tell you that they're directly related, but you and everyone else here would be too busy expecting 26-year-old Clay Matthews with 2010 secondary because you refuse to pay attention to perspective. 

He's not worth his contract?  Not even close?  Yes the hell he is because there's literally NOBODY we could get that's as good as him OR (not and) but OR as cheap as him.  Pass rushers do NOT grow on trees, and if he was to be released, he would easily be THE most sought after pass rusher in free agency. 

Meh, you're a head case.  Matthews whiffs at least 5 times per game.  God I love your rants.  And you've yet to explain why you think he is deserving of being retained.  In fact, you were so busy going absolutely berserk on your man-crush for Whiff, that you never even addressed the questions. I'll repeat them for you:  If Clay is not traded, should he be "traded" or "restructured"?  Stay on point and don't get butt-hurt because someone doesn't like your boy anymore.  Boo hoo.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Meh, you're a head case.  Matthews whiffs at least 5 times per game.  God I love your rants.  And you've yet to explain why you think he is deserving of being retained.  In fact, you were so busy going absolutely berserk on your man-crush for Whiff, that you never even addressed the questions. I'll repeat them for you:  If Clay is not traded, should he be "traded" or "restructured"?  Stay on point and don't get butt-hurt because someone doesn't like your boy anymore.  Boo hoo.

He should be extended. Anyone who wants to trade or cut Matthews and thinks that makes the team better, I'm not sure what to tell you. The best pass rusher to hit the market this year was probably Alex Okafor, Alex freakin Okafor, and moving Matthews is a good idea?

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Even if he's a little over the top, you're wrong.

Be a lot more boring around here if he posted like I do.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm underwhelmed.......

Looks pretty good when compared to Burtons 1.0 catches for 10 yards per game over his 4 year career. Also a better blocker. And probably a quarter of the price.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Even if he's a little over the top, you're wrong.

OK, maybe it's only 4.35 times per game, but he's still a whiffer, plain and simple.  That, and he over-pursues.  He's not the same dude now that he's off the roids - certainly not worth his current contract value!

Archived