2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This thread has turned from FA rumors to an awful argument on Clay Matthews and people trying to make Ed Dickson out to be good.

Gute I'm begging you sign someone.

Ooooooppps. Outta "Likes" again....damn, somebody get on the line to the factory in Singapore to get them cranking them out again

So - I'll give this the old fashioned: "Good post" comment :)

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This thread has turned from FA rumors to an awful argument on Clay Matthews and people trying to make Ed Dickson out to be good.

Im not trying to make Dickson look good(he's not anything more than a backup or stopgap) but dont understand why people are ga-ga for Burton and then turn around and poo-poo on Dickson. They are roughly the same player, Dickson has been better to this point but Burton has more "potential". My point is if you want potential, stick to the draft.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

To be fair Dickson would at least be a field stretcher like Cook because of his speed.

Not going to pretend he is anything more than a solid number 2 though.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

28 per year for Cousins is nice. 

90/3 to Aaron. Lets do it ASAP, bump that base salary back to give us cap space.

Why on Earth would we offer him 90 million for 3 years when we have him for 2 years at 42 million, 3 years with a franchise tag for about ~68-70 million, with absolutely nothing guaranteed right now????

23 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is tough for me to admit, but I was wrong earlier when I said Matthews was our fourth best player on defense last year. 

I appreciate a man who can admit when he was wrong.  B| I will submit that I've softened my stance slightly.  Matthews, who I stated in my response to your original post, has always been one of my favorite players.  While I think he has lost a step and is a bit long in tooth, if he's willing to restructure - or not - he's still the best option we have.  Where you and I differ most, is that I won't come unglued if Gute decides to part ways.  You took extreme offense at my reasons for why I questioned your love of Matthews.  I merely asked for a response about how you would feel if Gute either traded or restructured him, and instead we got hysterics, but I guess that's just par for the course with you, and I accept that.  But don't expect me to just sit back and watch your sh!tshow without taking advantage.  You're fair game, just like the rest of us plebes.

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

The Bears are just following a good business model. Load up your roster with great players because of the cap vacuum created by the QB's rookie contract. Then hope that rookie QB develops fast enough to get you to the big dance. It's worked before.

How are are they loading up with great players though? They dished out big dollars to a WR recovering from an ACL injury and a TE who has flashed his potential in several games. 

They had a great talent at WR but let him leave and win a SB in Philly. 

5 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Why on Earth would we offer him 90 million for 3 years when we have him for 2 years at 42 million, 3 years with a franchise tag for about ~68-70 million, with absolutely nothing guaranteed right now????

He's all base? Why would you leave a free 10-15m in cap on the table?

You know you're going to resign him, just do it.

Name a franchise QB to play on the tag? It doesn't happen. That's a total insult to Aaron and I wouldn't sign it if I were him. The tag isn't an option.

30 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I find it interesting that the run so far has been on offense (Watkins, Robinson, Burton).  I thought the CBs would go first.  Could be a good sign. And there is at least one downfield threat left.  

#optimism

This made me feel much better.. Thank you

Archived