2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

Damn I was hoping Burton would end up here. Bring in Eifert on a one year deal and draft a rookie in the second or third round and call it good at TE. We should be looking at FA corners right now!

CBs right! Why is that market so quiet? Maybe that's a hopeful sign for the Packers?

5 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Yep. John Schneider was a genius when Russell Wilson was the lowest paid starting QB in the NFL. 

The Bears are just following a good business model. Load up your roster with great players because of the cap vacuum created by the QB's rookie contract. Then hope that rookie QB develops fast enough to get you to the big dance. It's worked before.

Just now, Haha21 said:

Bears are making some great moves early on. 

I don't think so.  All they're really doing is flooding Trubisky with receiving options and taking up all their cap space to do it.  They've overpaid for everyone they've signed so far.  Good players, but not great moves.  Burton has 63 catches for 630 yards and 6 touchdowns in a four year career.  Talk about signing a player based on potential...

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't think so.  All they're really doing is flooding Trubisky with receiving options and taking up all their cap space to do it.  They've overpaid for everyone they've signed so far.  Good players, but not great moves.  Burton has 63 catches for 630 yards and 6 touchdowns in a four year career.  Talk about signing a player based on potential...

They didn't over pay A-Rob. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Agreed.  If the Packers did this we'd all be screaming how dumb it was.

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

The business model is good, but the other big IF is are they signing good players at good value. Wrong choices could sink the business model. We can only hope.

Archived