2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, Leader said:

Hmmmmmmm......oh well. Our lives just got harder.

??? They just made it harder on themselves. Likely overspending on a guy that is slightly better then the guy that just left.

Lets not act like Kirk didn’t have weapons in Washington and on multiple occasions he failed against a bad packers defense.

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Would you pay $10 mil for Graham? Tough decision but we may have to.

That's crazy. Gronk makes 9 million. 10 would make Graham the highest paid TE in the NFL. I know the 1st day of FA can get crazy, but I'll be surprised if he gets that. 

Am I the only one hoping that Cousins breaks the bank and goes to Minnesota?  From a cap standpoint, him going there means that defenders will be leaving.

And chemistry is a real thing with WR's and QB's...Keenum had great chemistry with that receiving corp.  I'm happy to see that gone.  Cousins, for the money, isn't worth it to me.   

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Where in the world of efficiency does paying 5m in dead space to Cobb/Nelson and then spending 16 on Watkins sound smart? Come on.

That doesn't make any sense.  I agree.  It's just that Watkins in Green Bay purely as a receiving option and not factoring in cost is better than Jordy and Cobb combined.  Except probably in the red zone. 

Just now, Green19 said:

??? They just made it harder on themselves. Likely overspending on a guy that is slightly better then the guy that just left.

Lets not act like Kirk didn’t have weapons in Washington and on multiple occasions he failed against a bad packers defense.

I'm not considering their CAP situation.

I think Cousins has proven himself a top 10 QB and he'll have an array of weapons in MN that didnt exist in WA.

Can/does he make an inopportune pass? Yes. But he puts up numbers and I'd have preferred he sign with the NYJs - or anybody else than MN.

Just now, vegas492 said:

Am I the only one hoping that Cousins breaks the bank and goes to Minnesota?  From a cap standpoint, him going there means that defenders will be leaving.

And chemistry is a real thing with WR's and QB's...Keenum had great chemistry with that receiving corp.  I'm happy to see that gone.  Cousins, for the money, isn't worth it to me.   

I won't be too upset with it.  Hunter and Diggs (as well as Floyd, Kendricks, Barr and a couple others) all hit free agency next offseason.  Them signing Cousins virtually guarantees the Vikings will either lose his best target, or a top pass rusher.  I also don't think Cousins is all that great. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

It's a business. I'm a huge Jordy fan and I'd cut him before lunch if we had a better player lined up to take his place. Same for every other player on our team.

What makes you think there's better players out there for the money he's getting?

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

how so?  What exactly do we owe him?  If he wanted more money he should have signed a better deal.

But we signed him to the value one we did. So when he stops being great value, cut him. It's dirty. He's not a bad receiver right now.. just not exceptional value.

Archived