2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Hearing that Sammy Watkins "runs bow-legged", which places a lot of strain on the outside of the foot, hence foot injuries.  Same thing with Ahmad Bradshaw, and he had a bunch of foot stuff. Just thought that was a crazy explanation. Also apparently Barkley has the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Joyride15 said:

@spilltray like this post, but mine you question how we know TT didnt call, lol.

We know he didn't call this one FA. We have no idea what they were interested in. I firmly believe they have a price in mind for EVERY FA and a good idea if it's worth getting involved. I am happy they weren't interested in trevethan at that price.

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't know why everyone is sleeping on Richardson.  He averaged 16 yards a reception this past year.  He never really saw the field much before this year, so if this year was just a matter of him finally putting it all together and acclimating to the NFL, the Redskins might have gotten a steal. 

He has ballerina legs. I hate ballerina legs

1 minute ago, oldmansmell said:

Hearing that Sammy Watkins "runs bowl-legged", which places a lot of strain on the outside of the foot, hence foot injuries.  Same thing with Ahmad Bradshaw, and he had a bunch of foot stuff. Just thought that was a crazy explanation.

Is it coming from a valid source? Might not be crazy at all. Might explain a few things.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Is it coming from a valid source? Might not be crazy at all. Might explain a few things.

Some reporter said it on NFL Network, haven't found much, but there is stuff on Bradshaw. 

http://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7512139/2012-nfl-playoffs-ahmad-bradshaw-heart-inspires-new-york-giants

"Due to his violent bow-legged running style, Bradshaw puts a lot of pressure on the outside of his feet. He already had ankle problems while in college at Marshall. And he developed a crack in the fifth metatarsal bone of each foot in 2009 but played through the pain before having screws inserted in each foot and surgery to repair bone spurs in his right ankle."

Just now, oldmansmell said:

Some reporter said it on NFL Network, haven't found much, but there is stuff on Bradshaw.

http://www.espn.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7512139/2012-nfl-playoffs-ahmad-bradshaw-heart-inspires-new-york-giants

"Due to his violent bow-legged running style, Bradshaw puts a lot of pressure on the outside of his feet. He already had ankle problems while in college at Marshall. And he developed a crack in the fifth metatarsal bone of each foot in 2009 but played through the pain before having screws inserted in each foot and surgery to repair bone spurs in his right ankle."

Good info. Bradshaw was a tough runner - who got put out of commission by those injuries.

Said it before......foot injuries and NFL players dont mix well at all. Amazing amounts of stress put on the joints, bones & ligaments.

8 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

That's kinda funny because I'm old enough to remember Floyd Little from the Broncos and his bow legged gait was then thought to be a benefit because when he got hit from the side it just straightened his leg out and he kept going. All the way to the HOF.

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Packers being used as leverage

My thoughts exactly.  I think this has happened a lot over the years, frankly.  Yes, I'm someone who actually thinks TT did reach out to players during FA in the past, albeit, without all the twitter buzz and whatnot.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Packers being used as leverage

Pretty much. I get the feeling Green Bay isn’t serious looking at high price offensive guys. 

I think they are interested in a nice mid tier TE. And would like a DJ Moore or DJ Chark in the second round.

I think they are more interested in the defensive talent. Like a Johnson, Wilkerson etc.

Archived