2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, LUKE232323 said:

Liked Colvin more than Butler.  

I don't like Colvin much, but it sets the market since he was one of the bigger names

inb4 HZ meltdown

We were never mentioned on being in on Colvin, so shouldn't be a surprise

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

Colvin gone to Houston via Shefter. Dang 

He never had an NFL interception in his career. How much was it him actually looking good and how much was it the defence making him look good?

If we want a slot receiver we can get great value with Ross Cockrell. He;s been much more productive in his NFL career and will certainly get a lesser deal than Colvin.

Still some fish in the sea, but I wonder how many (if any) are a LeCharles Bentley?

He was sworn to be signing a contract with someone (I think it was the Eagles). They said it was practically signed in invisible ink, then all of a sudden 4pm hits, and he's magically a Brown.

Just now, Chili said:

I thought I knew my NFL Wide Receivers but who is the heck is Albert Wilson and what has he done to get FA interest this early in the process? O.o

He played with Alex Smith, who is allergic to throwing to receivers. 

4 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Very true. However, no matter how you feel about Kirk, it sucks he’s in Minnesota. He’s unarguably the best QB they’ve had since Favre. They got better on paper and we’ve done nothing. 

It sucks but it would have been a huge surprise if he didn't sign with the Vikings. Everyone saw this one coming. 

I don't really care about the other guys who got signed today. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm passing on any FA WR now. Moncrief is going to get 10 per at this rate, Matthews and Pryor probably come in around 8.

We're good at drafting them, let DJ Chark, Michael Gallup or Daesean Hamilton be the next star WR for GB.

Fix the defense.

There are a lot of good free agent receivers out there, especially if you are not looking for a "savior".  Let the big money get spent, then see what is left.  My sleeper has always been Brice Butler from the Cowboys.  Great size/speed guy who never really got a chance......

But..I agree that they should also drop a developmental kid, I love Gallup, like Chark, haven't studied Hamilton at all....

Yah, fix the defense.  Problem is...if Colvin ends up in Texas...there aren't many corners left and I just don't see us being able to pay Johnson.

7 minutes ago, LUKE232323 said:

Liked Colvin more than Butler.  

I kind of thought it would be an interesting market for Butler.

Super Bowl didn't help him much and to many his play had slipped a little over the course of 2-3 years....

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

If he can play corner I’m sure GB will call him. He was on the cover of madden too. I’m sure that’s enough of a career stat for some on this board... heck someone with a pulse given the sky is falling comments.

I'm fine not paying what the pay on everyone is so far. But if this is the market, a couple might line up but most likely it's all gonna be crazy. That's bumming me out. Johnson being quiet seems like a good thing?

It's fun supposedly being in on everyone though. Just lots of dominoes falling. 

Just now, vegas492 said:

There are a lot of good free agent receivers out there, especially if you are not looking for a "savior".  Let the big money get spent, then see what is left.  My sleeper has always been Brice Butler from the Cowboys.  Great size/speed guy who never really got a chance......

But..I agree that they should also drop a developmental kid, I love Gallup, like Chark, haven't studied Hamilton at all....

Yah, fix the defense.  Problem is...if Colvin ends up in Texas...there aren't many corners left and I just don't see us being able to pay Johnson.

Colvin is literally the ONLY CB signed lol.

Don't let @HorizontoZenith work you up in a tizzy with his #fakenews.

17 minutes ago, Joyride15 said:

just realized we have over $70m available in 2019. We can backload some deals.

Careful though, although that is even counting our QB under contract, we still gotta sign some of the 2015 draft gems like Damarious Randall, Quinten Rollins, Brett Hundley and Aaron Ripkowski, probably need a good $40 to keep those guys around. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Live look at everybody who laughed at me or bitched me out for saying all the corners would pick someone other than the Packers:

Why is it so important for you to be right, or to prove other people wrong about negative things? Is that the only way you can be happy, is to prove other people wrong about things none of us have control over?

Archived