2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Live look at everybody who laughed at me or bitched me out for saying all the corners would pick someone other than the Packers:

giphy.gif

Jeez I didn't know they made gifs in 4k now. Haha, this is probably most Packer fans until we sign somebody. 

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Players will go wherever the $$$ is. Every now and then you'll see a player take less but the majority wants to get paid. That's not going to be any different this year.

When it comes to Johnson, we're going up against a team like the Browns. A team with the 2nd most cap space the NFL. Good luck.

Webb hasnt been good in like 5 years, Claiborne is hardly someone I’d want to bet on, House is House, Dennard hasnt ever amounted to anything noteworthy

meh. Not sure I love what’s left behind Johnson Amukamara and to a lesser extent Breeland

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This guy is a plug at bleacher report...

But I'll take a guess at Browns, Packers, Texans, Bucs? Jets now have the most cap. I can't see a scenario where he would rather come to Green Bay over Houston or Cleveland ($$)

Just now, Rodjahs12 said:

Webb hasnt been good in like 5 years, Claiborne is hardly someone I’d want to bet on, House is House, Dennard hasnt ever amounted to anything noteworthy

meh. Not sure I love what’s left behind Johnson Amukamara and to a lesser extent Breeland

Breeland is a much better player than Amukamara. If I had to rank them:

Johnson

Breeland

DRC

Melvin

Butler

Amukamara

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

This guy is a plug at bleacher report...

But I'll take a guess at Browns, Packers, Texans, Bucs? Jets now have the most cap. I can't see a scenario where he would rather come to Green Bay over Houston or Cleveland ($$)

He seems to write only about CB's, so I imagine he might have some position coach/scout contacts in the DB world that are in the know.

If his tweet was about Graham I'd probably not believe it.

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

We are rumored to be “highly” interested. I’m sure we won’t go down without a fight.

If it’s purely a money situation and location situation... GB will likely lose out. It’s just the facts of the matter.

I trust Bob McGinn’s sources and he said we are very interested. So if everyone wants to be upset... be upset if we lose out on him and Wilkerson. Those are the two with the most “juice” in GB. Graham would be 3rd on that list.

I'm not going to be upset if Johnson and Wilkerson take more money to sign with another team. 

If we offer the same as the Saints, why would Graham pick us? Unless the Saints refuse to meet his asking price, we'll have to outbid them. I'm not sure if I want the Packers to do that.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Breeland is a much better player than Amukamara. If I had to rank them:

Johnson

Breeland

DRC

Melvin

Butler

Amukamara

Forgot about DRC and Melvin.

I wanted Amukamara before he signed with Chicago the last time he was a free agent, so I have some bias toward him.

Breeland is a massive improvement over what we currently have but I always seemed to catch games of his where he didn’t look good at all. I understand the upside there though.

My top 5 would be

Johnson

DRC

Amukamara

Melvin

Butler

Archived