2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Spotrac had Watkins in that 5.5-6.5M range.  Guessing they estimate based on production and player contracts with similar production.  Yah, Sammy got overpaid, good for him.  Good for us for not doing it.

Same with Robinson.

Look, no one should be shocked that GB hasn't been a player in these first waves of players.  We don't have the space.  We need to bargain shop, with the exception of corner.  I don't think they can afford $14M for a corner, but I do think that 9-10M can be spent on a corner.

I'm all for Graham at the right prove it price.  $4M or less on a very short deal.  Same deal I'd give Eiffert.  Jimmy isn't what he used to be...pre-injury.

While I'm not overly thrilled with the front office right now, I'd be more mad if they overpaid for either of those wide receivers. 

That's an insulting offer to Jimmy Graham. Guy had double digit TDs last year, he's not Eifert.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Brees didnt break the bank on his contract.......was that to save some cash so they could bring Graham back? I wouldnt doubt it.

We'll see, they want DRC and Butler too, basically similar needs to us. We have means to create more cap room and have more than they do to begin with. When they sign one, they take themselves out of the market for others, so it's not all bad news.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll see, they want DRC and Butler too, basically similar needs to us. We have means to create more cap room and have more than they do to begin with. When they sign one, they take themselves out of the market for others, so it's not all bad news.

Hopefully its Butler.

Considering what Robinson and Watkins signed for, I don't think GB was heavily involved on either. Likely sent out feelers. Would have loved either but before yesterday I wasn't even considering either of them as realistic options. Wouldn't be surprised if GB just tossed their name in the ring to hopefully drive up the price for the Bears, who everyone and their mom knew was gonna go hard at WR's this FA

Mid to lower tier FA WR + drafting one within the first 3 rds is more likely. Need to focus their attention on MULTIPLE additions to the secondary/defense as a whole. Wouldn't be opposed to signing a TE

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Good info. Thanks. I didnt realize they were hurting for CBs.

I'm ambivalent about Graham. In hindsight, wish we'd just ponied up and signed Cook to the dotted line. It would have guaranteed production and given stability to the position. Not sure who else we had to sign at the time - but I dont recall them being all that far off. Oh well. Water under the bridge.....in the ocean by this point.

7 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

If Brees goes to Minnesota, may as well just hand them the Lombardi now, barring any injury to Brees during the season of course.  

If Brees goes to MN you really have to wonder why the Saints let him walk even if MN offers Drew the moon.

Archived