Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean he was a starter for an NFL team last year, so I think he is more than a camp body, but don't expect much more than depth. 

He's Jaylen Watkins essentially.

At this price tag and knowing that we got him essentially for free, I'll take it

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean he was a starter for an NFL team last year, so I think he is more than a camp body, but don't expect much more than depth. 

He's Jaylen Watkins essentially.

reason i say that is because Jones, Darby, Douglas and Mills look better. 

1 minute ago, RollEagles said:

Starting to seem like Darby might get moved

I hope not.. I like the dude. Him and Jones should make a nice tandem.. I understand Schwartz love affair for Mills, but hes not that good. 

Hypothetical question but if the Eagles are actually serious about trading Graham where does he go and what does he fetch?

I can't help but think that the Lions would be the best fit for him - local kid, biggest need on their team, fits what they're doing. 

37 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

PFF has him graded poorly if that means anything to you. We were releasing Torey anyway. At worst, this is a no risk try out. Good move. 

Appreciate Torey and that SB though. Hope he squeezes a little more money out of the NFL. He's a good dude but am fine moving on from the player. Not exactly confident Hollins steps right in though. Still would like them to add speed to the WR corps. 

Don't know how trades effect cap by the numbers.

But the Panthers have 391k in dead money by trading him. Do we have any money owed if we were to cut him in the pre season?

Wait so they actually do have to be cap compliant by the 14th?

They definitely have a really long way to go in that case.

We'll still have that money to spend in F, but what it means is that there will likely be more people to go than we anticipated. Also doesn't bode well for Brent Celek's slim chances to come back here.

10 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Hypothetical question but if the Eagles are actually serious about trading Graham where does he go and what does he fetch?

I can't help but think that the Lions would be the best fit for him - local kid, biggest need on their team, fits what they're doing. 

There hasn't been any reliable sources to suggest we're actively looking to trade Graham at this point in time. More smoke than fire if you ask me.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

We'll still have that money to spend in F, but what it means is that there will likely be more people to go than we anticipated. Also doesn't bode well for Brent Celek's slim chances to come back here.

A lot of difficult cuts are on the horizon, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Don't know how trades effect cap by the numbers.

But the Panthers have 391k in dead money by trading him. Do we have any money owed if we were to cut him in the pre season?

I'm pretty sure he's just salary after the trade. We'd be off the hook entirely if released. 

Archived