Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

Dolphins are being stupid just like Chip Kelly. It's not the players that set the culture. It's the staff and the leaders on the team. Chip tried to purge all our best players for #culture and the culture just got worse until it completely imploded. When a franchise is purging good players in the name of culture you know that's a team that's about to spiral out of control. That's a coaching problem and not a players problem.

1 minute ago, Phire said:

Dolphins are being stupid just like Chip Kelly. It's not the players that set the culture. It's the staff and the leaders on the team. Chip tried to purge all our best players for #culture and the culture just got worse until it completely imploded. When a franchise is purging good players in the name of culture you know that's a team that's about to spiral out of control. That's a coaching problem and not a players problem.

True. Belichick seems to control every discarded malcontent he gets his hands on. 

Suh may be on another level though. He's downright criminal on the field sometimes. He did wear the C for a year or so, so maybe I don't know anything about him. 

5 minutes ago, Phire said:

Agreed - started with Ajayi (which was a stupid move) and continue with Suh. I think Gase is as good as gone after this year. 

2 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Agreed - started with Ajayi (which was a stupid move) and continue with Suh. I think Gase is as good as gone after this year. 

The just dealt Jarvis Landry last week, too. 

I’m sure you guys saw this, but for those who didn’t; Suh apparently told our staff he would “play for free” on the Eagles when we had joint practices last summer. He denies saying that now, which he should. Suh has made over $120 million in his career, and will be getting paid in ‘18 from Mia even after his release. I’m not getting my hopes up, but you never know. 

56 minutes ago, 808 said:

I’m sure you guys saw this, but for those who didn’t; Suh apparently told our staff he would “play for free” on the Eagles when we had joint practices last summer. He denies saying that now, which he should. Suh has made over $120 million in his career, and will be getting paid in ‘18 from Mia even after his release. I’m not getting my hopes up, but you never know. 

1-year vet min, do it Suh lol

54 minutes ago, 808 said:

Goaline defense insane. 

7 minutes ago, Phire said:

1-year vet min, do it Suh lol

I gotta think he'd need at least a little coin to come here. I guess it really depends on what other teams would offer. If the NFL is a little scared to commit big money/years to him, I can see him coming here for a 1 year/4-5M. But Howie would have to dig in some couch cushions. Super intrigued with this though. He did play under Schwartz in their time in DET. I wonder how their relationship is. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

He did play under Schwartz in their time in DET. I wonder how their relationship is. 

I can't say this as fact but from what I've seen over the years players are pretty loyal to the people who draft them. I'm sure people can dig up tons of examples where that's not true but I think if you mapped it all out there'd be more positive than negative. 

As much as I'd love for Suh to take a small amount of money to play here for a year, he's probably going to sign a long term deal with a high annual average.

He's 31. This might be his last shot at a long term contract. 

18 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

As much as I'd love for Suh to take a small amount of money to play here for a year, he's probably going to sign a long term deal with a high annual average.

He's 31. This might be his last shot at a long term contract. 

Don't let realistic logic get in the way, @RollEagles

Some would say a Nick Foles lead Eagles winning the Super Bowl is illogical. But you're absolutely thinking right. He's prb got one decent contract left. 

Get it done, Howie! lol

Archived