Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

2.3M for Chris Long should be the least of our concerns. 

Every bit helps. I'm not at all suggesting to get rid of Chris Long, but it could go a long ways to helping someone else remain with the team. If he intends to give the money to charity anyways, the FO can do so on his behalf and even give more than he would be able to given his current deal.

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

Every bit helps. I'm not at all suggesting to get rid of Chris Long, but it could go a long ways to helping someone else remain with the team. If he intends to give the money to charity anyways, the FO can do so on his behalf and even give more than he would be able to given his current deal.

I highly doubt there's negotiations such like that. There's really no motivation for Chris to change anything about his contract. And plus, charities are tax write-offs. Long would have to actually donate it to reap the break. 

Long's money isn't an issue. Restructuring Cox, Lane and Peters is where Howie should be looking. 

What I’ve seen today:

Bradham and Burton are getting tons of interest. They’re both gone soon .

We’re trying to retain PRob, which I feel we’ll ultimately fail at. 

Curry is being shopped to other teams, but everyone knows he’s on the outs so we may be pressed to get any value for him. 

Current reports suggest Foles won’t be moved soon, but doesn’t rule out a trade completely. 

3 hours ago, JayWood2010 said:

As Free Agency creeps in, it looks more unlikely that Nick Foles will be traded.   On the 18th he gets a roster bonus of 3m?  I think i read that earlier.

Might as well make that 3m into 33m, cause he out-dueled Tom Brady and we WON THE FREAKING SUPER BOWL HAHHAAHAH

46 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Am I the only one who´s not a fan of resigning P-Rob?

I think he did great last year, but we have so may young promising CBs that I don´t want us spending money on the position to an older player when we have more than enough talent there. 

Me neither. Feel like we're going to regret any deal longer than 2 years. 

Cant wrap my head around a 30 year old corner having a career year. Gotta think it's more fluke than actually thinking he'll continue being as good. 

I think (and hope) that if were able to retain Robinson, that it will be a 2 year deal at close to a couple million a year, with the 2nd year being a team option where we can cut him with no cap casualties.

I absolutely think we should retain Robinson. Hes really the only proven cornerback we would have going into this season..

Plus i think that he absolutely still has at least a few more good to very good years of play left. Hes not built like those corners who break down once they hit 30. 

Also have to remember that this season, we will basically be paying all our other corners (Mills, Darby, Douglas, Jones) practically nothing. Jones and Darby are on 2nd rd rookie salaries but thats not much.

And one last thing of note is that our attempting to keep him might be a sign that we really will try to deal Darby before the season starts. If we keep Robinson, then we basically dont have to acquire any secondary players at all. Wed be set pretty much. 

Gonna really suck to see Trey leave (if he does, because Im not sure if he will).

He wouldnt tell me via text but i saw him when he came down to FL to do some camp for kids and we talked about it and he seems to really think hes staying in Philly from when we spoke for a bit. 

Bradhams all but gone. Someone like LA or NY will give him an offer we cant. 

But Robinson was arguably the best addition last season on defense from the 2017 off-season. Without him, Im not sure we win it all

Archived