Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

12 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

It would be hilarious if Kirk Cousins doesn't get nearly the size of contract he envisions. 

The QB Market is so inflated right now. I wonder if there will be a QB Market bubble of sorts?

37 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

The name Preston Brown played 1 season under Schwartz in Buffalo could be an option as a Bradham replacement. EDIT he may get more on the open market, but if he wants to win...eh 

His name caught my attention last night. Is he more a MIKE? But yea, he's probably going to make some money out there. He's a tackling machine. 

31 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

His name caught my attention last night. Is he more a MIKE? But yea, he's probably going to make some money out there. He's a tackling machine. 

Give me Christian Jones - should come relatively cheap and has some position versatility; can play MLB is Hicks go down and can be Bradham replacement if he does indeed sign elsewhere. Wouldn't mind Avery Williamson either - that would move Hicks to SLB, though. 

Also like Brock Coyle, Josh Bynes, and Worrilow as potential depth guys. 

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I think we all expected this - bacon was delusional thinking he would be back here.

More like the Bears offered him way more than I expected. I said i thought hed stay if hed take 5 million or so a year. 

And from what he told me he wanted to stay. Badly. Hes one of those real Christian, loyal to his friends kinda guy. But hes also human. He has 2 young daughters. A wife. Hes gotta take that money. Thats a LOT of dough for him. I never ever would have thought Id see him signing anywhere for this much back when we were in high school. Crazy.

Just now, BAConrad said:

More like the Bears offered him way more than I expected. I said i thought hed stay if hed take 5 million or so a year. 

And from what he told me he wanted to stay. Badly. Hes one of those real Christian, loyal to his friends kinda guy. But hes also human. He has 2 young daughters. A wife. Hes gotta take that money. Thats a LOT of dough for him. I never ever would have thought Id see him signing anywhere for this much back when we were in high school. Crazy.

He could want to stay all he wanted and I'm sure his intentions were good. However, everyone here knew that someone was going to pay him more then we could ever offer him - you were the only one who thought he'd stay. Not a knock against you or anything and I know you have a personal relationship with him but there was 0% chance that he coming back here. 

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

He could want to stay all he wanted and I'm sure his intentions were good. However, everyone here knew that someone was going to pay him more then we could ever offer him - you were the only one who thought he'd stay. Not a knock against you or anything and I know you have a personal relationship with him but there was 0% chance that he coming back here. 

He just let the emotions get to him. If he didn't know him, he wouldn't have played the role. There was no way he was coming back. Even at 5M a year. It's way too much to be investing in the TE position. 

8 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I honestly expected somewhere around 7 Million per year. You were mistaken if you thought no team would offer him more than 5.

Archived